Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

There is a RYWB day at Santa Pod on the 14th October, myself and a few of the guys from the GTiR OC and Japukmeets will be attending and hopefully some big power skylines. Hopefully there will be nice weather for the day.

I will be there is my mega-modded E4 which ran 3.72 0-60 at Trax on Sunday. I will be running some 1/4 miles to see what the car can do, I'm hoping for a low 12/high 11. We will see.

If any of you haven't been to Santa Pod before it is in Northamptonshire signposted from the A509 off J14 M1, the gates open at 8.30am and the racing starts at 10am until about 5pm ish. You need your drivers licence if you are intending on racing and you get a print out for each run you do. The costs are £8 per person at the gate plus £10 per car for unlimited 1/4 mile runs.

I am quite experienced at 1/4 miles as I have done over 50 runs in my previous car (Pulsar GTiR) so I will be on hand to offer any tips on starting the run and how the lights work etc etc.

Keep this day in mind, should be a good'un.

Cheers

Simon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Simon

Glad your happy with the Evo, Mark was telling me about it. I'll probably come to Pod and do a few runs, only managed 12.7 at Bovingdon though.

Rgds Kevin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may get to this event.
Simon I would not be suprised if you have the gearing to get under 11 ,may be close to 10.5 .
You and your car are frightenly quick by EVo standards.
I read your spec sheet on yahoo onelist site.and you are only running 1.2 bar peak.Brilliant.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I doubt I could get into the 10's, I would be eternally happy if I could get into the 11's. I would need 500|PLS|bhp to get into the 10's and my car definitely does not have 500bhp.

Is anyone else planning on coming to this day ???

Simon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, only 2 weeks away !!

I'm well looking forward to it, just hope it doesn't rain, they don't allow wet weather 1/4miles (shame)

Can I have an indication as to who is going??

Thanks

Si

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The list so far:

Me
T27... (Kevin)
Shorty (Paul)
Rob
Big Evo
Chinka

Any other takers???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A friend of ours is also coming in his FTO

Daz, did you want to meet up anywhere on the way down?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
scrub the Chinka and put in Rob VI hes achanged man...wouldn it be totally out of order if my amte came along in his elise?

so whats the score at these do's then. do you all meet up inside or down the frog somewhere. can motorbikes run at these rwyb meets or just cars...so many questions so few answers...hope to see you all there?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
scrub the Chinka and put in Rob VI hes achanged man...wouldn it be totally out of order if my amte came along in his elise?

so whats the score at these do's then. do you all meet up inside or down the frog somewhere. can motorbikes run at these rwyb meets or just cars...so many questions so few answers...hope to see you all there?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Simon,
i'll be joining you lot 2.lets get the rest of the South Mimms crew there,cos Lee reckons hes a bit quick these days :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Teri,

Good idea, we could meet at one of the services on the M1. What about Leicester Park East ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dazmakinen

Sounds good to me, I think we stopped there on way to Silverstone, so know where you mean.
Will sort out with you nearer the day times etc and what colour flower you will be wearing!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is anyone coming up via A14 past cambridge, huntingdon etc?

I would appreciate some more info on how these things work, so I can work ut who to invite (mates with bikes/cars etc)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm planning on coming, rob VI, I live in Cambridge, drop me a line and I'll follow you up

Def.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dazmakinen

Go on then, if you must!! Are you taking Amber along, we are taking Aaron with us.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts