Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will purchase the samco water hoses (2 piece set) to go with my 1.3 radiator cap. Will I have to drain the system to fit them or can I just undo the clips and put the new ones on ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
daz,

U won't have any choice but 2 drain the cooling system , as soon as u remove the hoses it will drain anyway :)

However , a tip 4 u , there is a drain tap on the bottom of the rad , place a container beneath this , open the tap (engine cold!) and then remove the rad cap. Most of the coolant will b drained this way so when the hoses r removed u won't have a gush of coolant over yr drive and best trainers :)
When u refill the system , run the engine with the rad cap remover 4 a few mins then replace a drive around 4 ten , stop and check/top up as required.
BTW , I can supply an alternative 2 Samco and can beat any price u will get , I can also supply u with stainless clamps 2 suit , if this is of interest email me 4 info.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's the use of a thermostat, other than being able to read the temperature ?

Thanks

- ron

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only reason why I asked because I was planning to upgrade the 2 upper ones. The one from the top of the rad to the expansion tank and the one from the rad to the block.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RA29

The thermostat being refered to does not read the temperature. It controls the flow of water around the system. It is set so as to stop the water circulating until it reashes a set temperature, thus aiding quicker warming up of the engine. Fitting a high pressure rad cap changes changes the boiling point of the water therefore you need to change the stat accordingly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts