Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sam,suggest you get in touch with Superl (Julian).......he has some very interesting info of the 7

lightspeed,please please can you find the 15 map,
it may make an OLD MAN very happy,although it will be unbearable for some of us to witnesss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have the td05 14g map and the 16g map. As an approximation of the 15 would it be worth interpolating betweeen the two? Not an easy task i know and might be well off the actual 15g map. Any thoughts chaps?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've found a td04 15g map as fitted to the 3000gt/dodge stealth.

The TME GSR has a td05hr-15gk2 and I'm worried that the k2 bit is kind of important.

ie. is the 15g fitted to the td04 the same as the 15gk2???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
light, a good question. the trouble is if you don't know then the rest of us are fukked :).

looking at the charts for the td06-16g and the td05-16g06 there's not a massive difference. however this might be chance. can you distribute the td04-15g map?

i'm assuming the td04, 05, 06 refers to exhaust housing size/spec?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
for the td06-16g and the td05-16g06 there's not a massive difference

Do you mean td05-16g or really td06.

The td04, 05, 06 refers to the turbine wheel size and centre housing internals - it's like a 'family' designation similar to Garrett T2, T3, T4 etc.

Will post the link to the map when I find it again!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The turbo fitted to the TME GSR is a bit special, the compressor wheel is of smaller diameter than all of the other E6 models, it is however substantially wider. The blades of the compressor wheel are thicker and pitched at a greater angle. My own theory is that this turbo was modified and tuned to be better suited to running the 34mm restricter required for group A. The reason the EVO 7 did not continue to use this turbo is because it was never intended to run in group A, only to WRC regulations. Although you will see some good results from this turbo from a tuning point of view, it will never produce as much peak power as that of those fitted to other EVO 6 models (16G).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Although you will see some good results from this turbo from a tuning point of view, it will never produce as much peak power as that of those fitted to other EVO 6 models (16G).

i take it you are referring to the 15g turbo here and not the EVO7 one?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Although you will see some good results from this turbo from a tuning point of view, it will never produce as much peak power as that of those fitted to other EVO 6 models (16G).

is this based on facts,experiance or gut feeling ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I suppose you could say that it is a combination of personal experience coupled with fact. I have tested the TME 6,STD 6 RS and E7 turbos on the same vehicle both against the stopwatch and on the dyno. For example I found that over a number of timed runs a slightly modified EVO7 was on average 6.5 seconds faster from 2500-6500 rpm in fifth gear when fitted with EVO6 TME turbo than that of the standard turbo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my 5 has been fitted with 15 mak gsr unit,and results are very good.
i have noticed that quite a few mildly modded maks have made strong power compared to normal 6,s with similar mods.
this is generally explained away by different rollers,hot day,blah blah but they do respond better to tuning i feel.
the ecu is different i know,and someone has recently suggested the head gasket is different,but i do believe that this particular turbo seems to work better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Elvis

Your comment about the E7 interests me! Which turbo did the 7 have? I bet it was not the titanium (or do I mean hope!).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There are 2 turbos available for E7, Titanium and Inconnel. Unfortunately they have a smaller nozzle area (9.8) than that of an E6 (10.5). The turbo fitted to the E7 is tuned for throttle response and mid range performance and therefore will never produce as much outright power than that fitted to the E6. I feel the turbo was tuned in this way combined with alterations to the gearing to compensate for the cars extra weight. Rest assured Simon your vehicle is fitted with a titanium turbo (an option on GSR).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Elvis

Yes, my turbo is titanium. I hadn't realised that both turbos on the 7 had smaller nozzles. Therefore, the question is whether it would be worth changing to a 6TME turbo. What issues, other than cost, are there in doing this.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hi elvis
your info is interesting. however i don't see how the smaller compressor of the 15g will push more aire than the compressor of the EVO7 16G? i have already asked this question and lightspeed did not think because of the 9.8t exhaust housing the power will be restricted that much?

where both tests done at the same boost level. how easy is it to just change the turbine housing on the EVO 7 turbo to that of the 6?

thanks very much for your reply.

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As I have already mentioned the TME Turbo compressor wheel although smaller in diameter is substantially wider. For instance, if you try to fit a standard EVO6 compressor housing over the compressor wheel of a TME turbo it will not fit due to the extra width. I think you will find this is where the extra flow comes from.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh and by the way, both the tests were carried out at the same boost level (the only difference was the turbo). I'm not sure about the turbo housing swap, I'd have to check, but I will come back to you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts