Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
Quick message to wish everyone safe driving on the roads this winter. I already see it getting dark at 4pm :( making our roads even more dangerous than normal. The roads are as greasy as my local chippy making driving conditions hard.

Its also not our driving we have to watch out for ( well some of us! ) but other peoples. I dont want to see any Evos being broken in the Autotrader.

So keep them Lancers and other performance cars sunny side up and between the hedges. :)

Roll on summer,
John.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nice post John.

Last year I had a few near misses when my ABS stepped in while trying to break on a thin blanket
of snow, my 235 tyres are not much use in snow.

Its not just the slidy conditions you have to worry about, up here in Scotland our roads get
caked in salt and grit.

This year I am not taking any risks I am putting my EVO into hibernation and will be running
a puddle jumper to and from work :(.

As you say roll on the summer :)

Cheers,
....Brian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i love snow

we be driving all day around here sliding all day:)

i just ordered a set winter tires i can t hardly wait for the snow comming down.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doh! Blonde bimbo bit kicking in.......

just worked out who you are!
Have u still got the 5turbo?

Debs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Advevo: go sideways and have all the fun you want in the snow mate, just make sure you dont go sideways into me ;)

E4GR: Hiya debs, i still have the Renault 5! Dont have the funds ( now ive the evo ) to compete with Danny and his 12.62 rocket! 12.62 out of a 1.4 R5GTT is phenemonal, give him and trev my congratulations. That takes a lot of hard work and dedication. Hope you are well mate. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi John,

Trev and Dan say hi and thanks for the compliments, they did work hard on the car, it blew up the day before street car as usual, remember we;ve been there before eh! But they rebuilt it the night before and won usc with a 12.8, Trevs beast came second with 13.5. do you still drive the 5 or is it sat in the garage?

Debs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Youll have to stop driving your cars the night before USC as it always seems to end in disaster! :( We just take the 5 to all the shows although we didnt get over to England this year. Will get over next year for a bit of fun! Miss all the old crew, i never hear from anyone any more :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts