Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, after searching for what seems like a life time (probably about 6 months) I am the proud owner of a very tidy red evo 5 with just 44k miles
I saw the car on eBay and knew it was the one I wanted aslong as its was as good in the flesh as it looks online. A deposit was paid and then another long wait of a week and a half before I made the trip from Leeds to Exeter to see the car. All this time I was thinking, I hope its a good one as I've had some wasted journeys recently looking at evos that were not as described.
While waiting for the time to pass until I could see it I found out the seller ,James was a member on here. This made me a bit more optimistic he car could be a good one.
We finally got there after a 5 hour drive and after a short time I could tell the car is just as clean as it looked in the ad. I could only find 1 dent on the bodywork and this was only a small one which a good dent man will get out. The underside is mint with just a small amount of surface rust in on the spare wheel well, no doubt this will be sorted soon enough.
After a test drive I knew I was taking this V home, I think James was regretting selling at this point.
The car drove spot on the 280 miles back to leeds, not a bad test for it really.

Spec taken from sellers ad:

OMP suede steering wheel

Blitz oil temp gauge

Greddy boost gauge

Auto Meter monster tacho with shift light

AMS gear knob

Blitz SUS air filter with relocation kit.

Competition paddle clutch and lightweight flywheel

3inch down pipe full stainless

Full Blitz Nur exhaust sytem full decat, I have cat for MOT.

Front 3 point strut brace

Cusco lower frotn brace as well as standard lower brace

Rear Kansai brace as well as standard rear boot brace

HSD Coilovers recently fitted like new.

Compomotive 18" wheels worth £1000 a lone fitted with Yokohama AD08's great road track tyre.

Apexi Boost controller - 3 boost settings.

Cusco roll cage

ECU TEK re-map 395bhp

ARP Rod Bolts

EVO 9 turbo which had only covered 12000 miles

Kevlar cam belt and balance belt

Tegiwa Tubular Manifold - not cheap chinese rubbish

ETS Intercooler - imported from the states one of the best on the market.

Ralliart hard pipe kit

Walbro 255 fuel pump

SARD fuel pressure regulator

Siemens 750cc injectors

I have some parts from my old car to fit including AP Racing 6pots and 4pots and 9rs diff.
So far I have removed all the stickers, I was going to leave the mak stripes but they were looking a bit tatty close up, so I decided to pull them all off and give the full car a flat with 3000grade and a machine polish. I won't be using the car until spring so ill just take my time and make it perfect.
How it is now in its new home bonnet and roof flatted.
[/URL]

·
Premium Member
8,643 Posts
Nice one Ryan,looks a nice example mate. :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers lads I'll get some better pics up when its all butted and cleaned.
Just come out of the garage, got most of the roof polished but ran out of compound so that's it for today. Tried some before and after shots but they are not the best with my iphone.
Before:
After:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Well done fella. Im glad you got it and it wasn't a nail. :smthumbup

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
You've got yourself a good car there! Only seen it in the flesh once but it was in pretty good nick! Looks better without the stickers (sorry James)

·
Registered
431 Posts
V nice mate. I think the 5/6 carry off stickers well but it looks stunning without too!

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Looks nice mate, I'm in Tingley, you near by?

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks to evryone for all the kind comments, I did like it with the mak stripes but they were faded in places and I cant give the car a proper buff with them on any way so they had to come off to do the job right. I can always fit new ones if I decide to later on.
Tomorrow's job is strip the vents and naca duct from the bonnet and get that buffed. I'll get some more pics up when that's done.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts