Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Been here a while now....
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've stripped my wheels and brakes from the car do a little overhaul, I've now uncovered a problem / dilemma with my shocks.
They have no holes but are rather rusty so my options are:

Refurb current shocks ( does anyone know bilstein uk's refurb price? )

Replace with new bilstein shocks

Or

Change to coil overs?

With any option I don't want to spend crazy and I know you get what you pay for but I'm looking at no more than 1k realistically.

image search

image ru

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Try cleaning the up and painting them, no sense in swapping them out if they work. If you clean the fronts up and find holes in the cups then fair enough id change them out, but if a wire brush and a lick of paint will do for now it gives you time to save for a nice set of coilovers :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
What's the difference between sport and sprint

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Evo8 260 2004
2,325 Posts
Don't know what it is with bilstein paint finish, I've had mine fitted for a few weeks with next to no miles and I've found rust starting to lift the paint already. Cleaned it back and repainted. But the standard finish don't last long.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have a set for sale recently brought from Nigels on here I think I paid 660 but I'm thinking it might be a bit less I'll look into it

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Apparently OEM Jap supplied on vehicle are far more prone to corrosion than aftermarket sourced items from Europe.

I need a new set too but can't decide if a set of Meisters are a better choice

·
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going to remove them, wire brush them back to bare metal and paint them with yellow hammerite. If they prove to be knackered then I may just go coilovers!

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
B6 is standard, B8 is designed for lowering springs. Bilstein will refurb, think it's £80 a corner + VAT + parts, they are based in Leicester.

·
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
B6 is standard, B8 is designed for lowering springs. Bilstein will refurb, think it's £80 a corner + VAT + parts, they are based in Leicester.
They will only do the inners, They won't pain them! I've asked

·
Registered
72 Posts
When I did my mini resto, mine were rusted out on the cups !, lots of holes. I replaced them with two new Bilstein Shocks From CPP, Did a good deal for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts