Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Small bubble of rust appearing from under boot spoiler on boot lid been in touch with mitsi they said that rust is not classed as corrosion and not covered under corrosion and perferation warranty the car is still under warranty but they refuse to repair it has any one else had same problem if so any advice to help:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think it must be to do with the fact that Mitsi have no control over what might have hit / scratched / dented / bounced of the outside of the car but they can warrant the sealing / internal treatment of the chassis / panels / etc?

Incidentally, I was giving mine a spit and polish yesteday and noticed 2 new tiny rust spots - macthing ones to the bottom corner of each rear wheel arch (just above the sill near the lower point of each rear door). Anyone else encountered this as a weak spot for manky stone-chips??

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
That spot is common for rust as the spoiler pushes down on it and rubs when it's under load.

I've seen a few Evos with rust there, and it's not down to perforation of the paint by anything other than the Mitsi spoiler.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have found that Mitsi warranties are not worth the paper they are written on when it comes to rust/corrosion :wallbang:.

Just bite the bullet and get yourself down to a good bodyshop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts