1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ladies and gents, got a quick question

I've fully stripped my running gear to do an underside restoration

This is my first evo so not 100% sure about this ayc malarkey

Presumably I just fill the gearbox/transfer box/rear diff up with gear oil as normal?

Then the ayc I fill up via the bottle in the boot?

Read the sticky post about oils and quantities but I'm unsure what I'll need. I have an evo 9 but it was an evo 6 5 speed fitted.

Could someone kindly tell me what fluids I'd need?

Also when it comes to bleeding the ayc do I lift the car on the ramp and drive the car in gear whilst turning the steering left to right with one Bleed nipple open at a time?

Obviously keep the res topped up while doing this, any particular sequence of what nioples to bleed? Or just go round them all until no air comes out?

I know this has prob been covered a million times and I do apologies

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
no, the rear diff has 2 oils in it... one is normal gear oil and the other is ayc fluid for the clutch bath..

the ayc oil in the pump is separate from that..
so basically it is>

1. gearbox - gearbox oil, I use motul 300V 75W90
2. Transfer box - LS oil.. I use motul 300V LS 75w90
3. Rear diff, input side, fill hole is oriented towards the front of the car, gear oil, I use 300V 75W90 there too
4. REar diff, clutch bath, AYC fluid there... I use something like AMSOIL fully synthetic ATF or fuchs 4400...
5. AYC/ACD pump... again ayc fluid there and then bleed the system trough activating the pump and solenoids + opening the bleed ports.. you need special tools for that..

You can bleed the pump and ACD by pressung the throttle down and then turning on the ignition.. the pump will start then... for the rear diff I never had success by driving the car on the ramp, I always used a specail tool to activate the pump and solenoids.. or go to mitsubishi service and use MUT III tool..

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah ok so rear diff needs filled with gear oil and ayc fluid (I thought it might of filled up the ayc side via the res in the boot)

Just as well I asked the question

1 - 3 of 3 Posts