Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinkin about jumpin ship from ford to mitsubishi and im wondering about running costs of evos and what are the most common problems. Ive been told off some people that diff services are well expensive but no 1 could explain any more than that, any advice would be greatfull before i take the plunge.

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
ok bud if u can afford a cossie chances r u can afford the evo :)

diffs like the gsr car the ayc pump or diff can go it happens, but keep it maintained it will last longer

plus u get them cheap nowadays second hand from here, gaz, wayne and dave at ears etc and some other customers

if u do want one get an rs wont have the ayc diff problem coz it dont have any

being a evo some bits are expensive, u can grab alot of stuff secondhand and in good condition and u can buy aftermarket uprated stuff thats cheaper than ralliarts own.

clutch is a killer if u do alot of launches u will know that u have a cossie 4wd's are bad that way

speak to span, he has a nice guide on evos and maintining
its a pity i lost the site i will find it for u

·
Registered
22 Posts
i personally think running costs of an evo are on par with other cars of this nature (super car league imo), lets be honest you cant expect 40mpg form a car that does 0-60 in 5 secs or less.

After doing some searching on the forum i agree with the general opinion that who cares about mpg and the like its the fun that these cars are about

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i wasnt on about running cost as in MPG as this has never bothered me it was things like diffs headgasket etc....... things that if they go on a cossie instantly empty every penny you have and where is the best sort of places to pic these things up from

1 - 6 of 6 Posts