Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am looking at possibly purchasing an EVO 6 or 7, can you tell me if the 6 or 7 is more expensive to run?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
6 is expensive to run well in my case anyway, suppose it depends on your circumstances, and what you think is expensive,but no doubt 7 wont be much different to run either cost wise :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I currently run a 270BHP Fiat Coupe, it returns me about 360 miles to tank of fuel (£48.50) to fill up on a run and around 300 round town, this is including the odd blat ;)

I get it serviced every 6000 miles, which costs me for the Mobil 1 and filter.

I know the Evo's return about 25mpg, which equates to about the same as my car, is this right?

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
There is no difference in the running costs of evo's from IV to VIII - they're all the same service schedule / fuel consumption / insurance costs (which is a LOT)

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Jacey Boy said:
I currently run a 270BHP Fiat Coupe, it returns me about 360 miles to tank of fuel (£48.50) to fill up on a run and around 300 round tow, this is including the odd blat ;)

I get it serviced every 6000 miles, which costs me for the Mobil 1 and filter.

I know the Evo's return about 25mpg, which equates to about the same as my car, is this right?
You can expect 150 - 180 miles from a tank in an evo (£36).

servicing is every 4500 miles and needs the AYC oil changing in addition to normal stuff.

You will be lucky to get 25 mpg from an evo - I managed it in my V on a long motorway journey - but my VII was worse than that.
Average will be around 20 - dropping below that when you floor it !

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
erm not sure on mpg but most people on here get about 150 on average per tank maybe 200 at a push, tank is small though most can fit in is about 35quid, but having evo does make you heavy footed :crackup:

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
sorry to hear that mate, but you got to weigh cost against the fun.......... the fun wins every time :D

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Jacey Boy said:
Thanks guys, thats just put me off :cry:

I cant live with that :blah:
They are worth it as nothing else comes close (IMO) for the price, but you do pay the price at the petrol pump - which you never seem to be away from.

Buy a nice V instead and use the money saved on the extra running costs ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know there great cars and would love to get into one but at those fuel costs I cant, what with prices at the pum rising every week :cry:

·
Registered
110 Posts
i drive a six and if driven really sensibly u can get 200 miles from a full tank but its difficult :)

Anyway yr soon get the modding touch so dont worry about how much it cost just enjoy it :D

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
costs

dont be so stupid and put up with the running costs it will make your heart race your "bits" feel funny and it can turn a woman on? well the woman thing was a lye ,but the rest is true come on and join the dark side and have some real fun :utahere:
:crackup:
:crackup: :crackup:
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
sorry

sorry to hear this but they wont give you the same fun as an evo ,
and do you think they will be cheeper to run i dont think so coz a mate of mine has a subaru and he tells me the costs are very close to the costs of an evo
:crackup: :crackup:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Jacey Boy said:
Hmmm, well I know they are better on fuel, just :D
I used to have a jap import subaru, 22mpg on average. Evo 7 now, 20 - 21mpg. Hardly a huge difference? :confused: If you think a skyline will be cheaper to run, you're in for a surprise too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have owned an STi 7, that was crap on fuel, the classics are slightly better ;)

As for the Skyline, maybe but the R33 GTR would wip an evo :crackup:

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Jacey Boy said:
I have owned an STi 7, that was crap on fuel, the classics are slightly better ;)

As for the Skyline, maybe but the R33 GTR would wip an evo :crackup:
Standard Evo v Standard R33?
I think you are dreaming.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts