Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not been on the site in a while and with most of social media crashed….having a hunt online.
not much evo related stuff to report with no longer owning one,but had a run out the other week and had 5RS in our company.Only second time car has been out this year,don’t think it turned a wheel last year.Said it was putting a smile on his face and felt good keeping up with the porkers.

Took this pic at the bottom off the hill down from Lecht Ski centre,good road,well suited to the evo.

Hardly an evo to be seen out and about nowadays… got some good feedback out and about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Steve.
Sure is some fantastic cars there.How’s your build going? I’ve not looked around the site last year or so,looks very quiet.Was up Highlands month or so ago,last minute call,just missed Chris by a couple of days.Another year flying in again🙈 hope your keeping well👍

·
Premium Member
10,895 Posts
Cheers Steve.
Sure is some fantastic cars there.How’s your build going? I’ve not looked around the site last year or so,looks very quiet.Was up Highlands month or so ago,last minute call,just missed Chris by a couple of days.Another year flying in again🙈 hope your keeping well👍

My build hasn’t had much done lately. New business has taken priority. Mark is on the engine build now so will get it all back together over winter 👍 Chris’s car is epic, I was lucky enough to have a ride out in it. Shame you missed him, he’s out the country a chunk of time. Can’t believe how fast time is flying , hope you’re doing good. Nice to see you post mate, it is very quiet on here which I always feel is a big shame .

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My build hasn’t had much done lately. New business has taken priority. Mark is on the engine build now so will get it all back together over winter 👍 Chris’s car is epic, I was lucky enough to have a ride out in it. Shame you missed him, he’s out the country a chunk of time. Can’t believe how fast time is flying , hope you’re doing good. Nice to see you post mate, it is very quiet on here which I always feel is a big shame .
Nice one,get there with the car eventually,hope you have most of your bits bagged to complete it,sure you will have.
Your welcome re the post,doubt it will pick up anytime soon if at all? Hopefully it stays around for long enough.
Yes,Chris away a lot of the year,his 5 looks and sounds a beast.Mega quick car that,nice pair he has got with the 6.catch up yet,always next year.
Al the best with your business venture and hope to see that Rs going soon 👍

·
Premium Member
10,895 Posts
Nice one,get there with the car eventually,hope you have most of your bits bagged to complete it,sure you will have.
Your welcome re the post,doubt it will pick up anytime soon if at all? Hopefully it stays around for long enough.
Yes,Chris away a lot of the year,his 5 looks and sounds a beast.Mega quick car that,nice pair he has got with the 6.catch up yet,always next year.
Al the best with your business venture and hope to see that Rs going soon 👍
Thankfully have 99% of the bits yes mate, prices for OE stuff has gone just silly. It does seem to pick up a little at times, but only really 3/4 people in general 🤦‍♂️ It will keep plodding on I guess. Problem is you feel like you’re talking to no one so posting can seem a bit pointless.

You guys are blessed with them roads up there that’s for sure. Thanks mate 👍

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
All right, Martin

I was thinking about you the other day!
Kerri told me you got in contact and i forgot to get back to you…..memory like a goldfish!
I was going to ask you how you and the car were and wether you had been out on any runs.
You still happy with her, mate?
Has Winny still got his GT3 RS?
Would have lived a run out with all those lovely Porsches….probably just as well i didn't or it would have gotten me thinking stupid thoughts about getting one.Iv put myself off getting one, as i don't want the debt, but i think if i got a run in one i would start justifying it to myself as “Ach, its only money” 😂
That 5 is stunning and the boy would have had great fun on those roads, im sure.
Hope you're keeping well, mate.

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All right, Martin

I was thinking about you the other day!
Kerri told me you got in contact and i forgot to get back to you…..memory like a goldfish!
I was going to ask you how you and the car were and wether you had been out on any runs.
You still happy with her, mate?
Has Winny still got his GT3 RS?
Would have lived a run out with all those lovely Porsches….probably just as well i didn't or it would have gotten me thinking stupid thoughts about getting one.Iv put myself off getting one, as i don't want the debt, but i think if i got a run in one i would start justifying it to myself as “Ach, its only money” 😂
That 5 is stunning and the boy would have had great fun on those roads, im sure.
Hope you're keeping well, mate.
Hi Chris

I’m fine thanks.Was heading to a stag do for a few days up in Altnaharra and wasn't sure about travel but ended up going solo hence giving you a shout.Caught up with Craig at cars and coffee on the Sunday in Inverness on way back,was out in the caterham a blast.quick wee thing.
I’m enjoying the Gt4,managed to do near 7000 miles with it over the last year,not ran a car as much in years so guess that answers that one.If I still have it and we hook up I’ll give you a drive of it.Heading to Knockhill on Saturday,done a couple trackdays with it as well.Winnie just sold his 3Rs the other week and that’s his black Gt4 he replaced it with.Tony 666rsx still has his 5,37,000 miles,tidy thing.You would enjoy a Porsche I'm sure,great driving car and comfortable as well.You just wouldn’t get use with working away so much.Give it a few year,probably swap the evo for one and not cost you anything to change.Next time your home and it’s in the finer weather,give me a shout,hook up for a blast,few of us be up for that👍😎

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Hi Chris

I’m fine thanks.Was heading to a stag do for a few days up in Altnaharra and wasn't sure about travel but ended up going solo hence giving you a shout.Caught up with Craig at cars and coffee on the Sunday in Inverness on way back,was out in the caterham a blast.quick wee thing.
I’m enjoying the Gt4,managed to do near 7000 miles with it over the last year,not ran a car as much in years so guess that answers that one.If I still have it and we hook up I’ll give you a drive of it.Heading to Knockhill on Saturday,done a couple trackdays with it as well.Winnie just sold his 3Rs the other week and that’s his black Gt4 he replaced it with.Tony 666rsx still has his 5,37,000 miles,tidy thing.You would enjoy a Porsche I'm sure,great driving car and comfortable as well.You just wouldn’t get use with working away so much.Give it a few year,probably swap the evo for one and not cost you anything to change.Next time your home and it’s in the finer weather,give me a shout,hook up for a blast,few of us be up for that👍😎

I wondered who's the black one was!
I'm back in December for a month, so probably not the best time for giving me a shot in it 😂
Yeah, id enjoy a run out, but it will be a while, now!
Iv not seen craig for years, tell him im asking for him if you see him.Hes had that car a while, now.
glad you’re enjoying your car.
You've put more miles on it, than iv put on any of mine ,combined, in the last 5 or 6 years!
Good to hear from you, mate.
Aye, you're fair peddling that Porsche round knockhill(y):cool:

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Now, Martin, youre a man with many contacts in the car game!
Can you source any Michelin ps4 S 235/40/18 XL tyres??
Having a bit of a nightmare trying to get a set, so thought i would ask you, see if there are any hiding up your way!
I would very much appreciate you having a look, if you have time.

Chris

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now, Martin, youre a man with many contacts in the car game!
Can you source any Michelin ps4 S 235/40/18 XL tyres??
Having a bit of a nightmare trying to get a set, so thought i would ask you, see if there are any hiding up your way!
I would very much appreciate you having a look, if you have time.

Chris
December probably not ideal,lol.Re the tyres,near confident that you don’t get Ps4s in that size or 18” more available in bigger sizes hence not finding any…..PS4 will be your option.All the best mate,see if we can catch up next year👍

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
December probably not ideal,lol.Re the tyres,near confident that you don’t get Ps4s in that size or 18” more available in bigger sizes hence not finding any…..PS4 will be your option.All the best mate,see if we can catch up next year👍
You do get them, in that size, but there seems to be a big shortage of them!
Im not sure the standard PS4 would be up to the task of handling the torque it has now, as its even stressing the cup sports out, sometimes.Would be great if i could test some to see....and they are a lot cheaper, too.
Might just have to stick on some Dunlop doz3, as there are plenty of those in that size!
Take care of yourself and ill see you whenever (y) :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You do get them, in that size, but there seems to be a big shortage of them!
Im not sure the standard PS4 would be up to the task of handling the torque it has now, as its even stressing the cup sports out, sometimes.Would be great if i could test some to see....and they are a lot cheaper, too.
Might just have to stick on some Dunlop doz3, as there are plenty of those in that size!
Take care of yourself and ill see you whenever (y) :ROFLMAO:
Cool,I’ll ask next time I’m in tyre shop.Ran Ps4s on my Gt4 and are a great road tyre.Direzza 03 are excellent as well,match rest of that 5… full race.😆

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,923 Posts
Nice Stuff there - good to see the pix larger than on 'the gram'

Reactions: willox

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Cool,I’ll ask next time I’m in tyre shop.Ran Ps4s on my Gt4 and are a great road tyre.Direzza 03 are excellent as well,match rest of that 5… full race.😆
i got sick of looking, so Im going to order Yokohama A052, as they are easier to get.
I will go for the Dunlops on the other set of wheels , that are coming in January.
Here was me thinking it would be so much easier getting tyres for 18” wheels!

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I want his seats and wheels car looks mega.
It’s like a early Rs sprint etc.Was Ralliart car new and has full trim done.Suits them well,wheels has oe evo v look about the spokes.Took off te37 like yours,wished he kept them,lol.Need few sets for sure for the different looks.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
It’s like a early Rs sprint etc.Was Ralliart car new and has full trim done.Suits them well,wheels has oe evo v look about the spokes.Took off te37 like yours,wished he kept them,lol.Need few sets for sure for the different looks.
Haha, yeah it's lovely. I've thought about freeing up some cash by selling the TEs but same boat, would probably regret it and no idea what I'd replace them with lol. Car looks awesome either way.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts