Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read how many of you have experienced warped discs.I followed the running in instructions from my dealer ie.gentle on the brakes for 1000 miles .I have now covered 5000 miles and my brakes are great no sign of any warping and I am a very late breaker.On my previous cars BMW M3 ,Porsche993(911) my first set of discs only lasted 2000 miles,and on the M3 I got through 3 sets of discs in 12000 miles.So for me the Evo discs,are doing well.My car is a Tommi purchased new in May with HKS Induction,Dump Valve,Super dragger,de-cat ,Magnex downpipe,and Hks sports suspension.It boosts at 1.2 now standard,and is ####ing quick.Next is the Ralliart Sport Ecu and 1.5 boost.Run in gentle and reep the rewards later.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Most of us do just that , but some as u can read still have problems. Luckily mine are fine

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ralliart told me that the cast iron discs are made from reclaimed iron, and not only were poor quality metal, but variable quality - could that explain why some do have a problem, and some don't? Just a thought...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Barry

have you got the ecu yet, if so were ware ok with fitting it and do all the read out come out in japanese???

hope all is well

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scratch that, thought it said Blade, but said Barry - misread it! That's why I knew nothing 'bout it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My car has just done 9000 miles and the dam discs have just started to warp!!!!.
I have always let them warm up but it looks like the problem can just crop up at any time.
Must start to look at some new discs and pads from dragon.
Alan was telling me that the price has gone up on the mintex pads because the re-working costs have gone up so if you are thinking about getting some then contact him for the new prices.
DIABACH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts