Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see Co-ordsport (in association with Ralliart and HKS) are doing GRP A engine conversions for £12.5k but you have to supply your own ECU (Motec or GEMS etc.). They will supply the map.

£18k if you want the GRP A turbo as well.

£25k to buy the whole lot outright.

GULP!

Makes the RS450 look cheap!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You shouldn't go to ralliart!! You'll get ripped off bigtime!! Go to the people that actually build rallicars, which ralliart (co-ordsport in this case) don't do. They don't have that much to do with the rally team, which is a seperate organisation.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think that it's better to fit parts from Japanese tuners to get more than 400bhp with reliability at a good price.

You can use for example the JUN 2.2l kit,bozz speed,trust or hks kansai turbo kits, cusco lsd,motec m48 ecu and the other parts from hks as intercooler,air filter fuel rail kit and injectors...

The ralliart gr.a parts are good for competition use but they are made for racing and they have to follow fia specification for gr.a and they are made to be performant but some parts are supposed to be changed or checked after each race.

Off course some gr.a parts can be really interesting too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ralliart claims 355/360bhp for the evo rs 450.

Bugsy,
Do you know the real power of your rs 450?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was at Brands Hatch a few months ago with a Mitsubishi Evo dealers day (I'm not one!) and there was a 450 there, and it was firkin quick. Was that anyone's here?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You get 358 - 360 bhp with Motec M 48 and exhaust, which is less than the RS 450 kit which is too expensive anyway.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Siko,

We deliver 350BHP, 480Nm torque for under 5.000GBP with Motec and some other stuff!

Rgds
Prospeed Team
www.autoracing.nu

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What guaruntee comes with that. Ralliart at least puts their money where their mouth is by giving you 3 years. I don' care how cheap other will do stuff, what happens when it goes wrong and your engine does an impression of a hand grenade!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Have to say I am with Simon on this one. At least Ralliart will warranty their work and do some testing with their cars before they sell them. Even I could bolt on a few bits and pray everything doesn't go bang.

Serious tuning requires development not just clever ideas. If you go to Ralliart at least there is peace of mind that the ideas have been tried and tested before you part with your hard earned, unlike many who will do what you want/ask for, but if it all goes up in smoke it will be you who is paying out again, they wont help you, Ralliart will!!!

Peaple may make requests of Ralliart and they may not be happy to do what you want due to the risk to the car. That is their choice, if from experience they know that it will bugger the car and they dont want to risk it but you do, that is your choice, dont slate them for being sensible!!!! just because you aren't.

For the record just been to Ralliart for some warranty work, carried out quicly and courtiously. Car sorted Geometry checked and now spot on. They couldn't be more helpful and knowledgable.

Anyway, if they are so bad, why do other tuners mentioned here regularly turn to them for advice???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I dont think anybody said Ralliart are bad, that would have to be a joke! But they certainly are not cheap.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK, I agree, they are not cheap, but not expensive either, definitely not a rip off.

You get what you pay for!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ralliart gives guarantee on all their tuned cars ok but you already have paid for the damage it's calculated in their priceshttp://194.93.140.171/graphics/biggrin1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > if you drive and have no damage they laugh even harder because they have a lot more profit.

regards

andre

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.