Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used both types of pads, in particular on track? If so, did you notice any difference?

Cheers,
Steve.

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
sod pagit . there expensive and there are many pads loads better . we have some new pads that will do what the pagit do and cost far less . for a front set for 6 pot ap's your only looking @ £135+postage . we have carbon ceramic or carbon carbon compounds and they are now the only pad type we use they are that good . fancy giving me your opinion ?

dave

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
evo400 said:
sod pagit . there expensive and there are many pads loads better . we have some new pads that will do what the pagit do and cost far less . for a front set for 6 pot ap's your only looking @ £135+postage . we have carbon ceramic or carbon carbon compounds and they are now the only pad type we use they are that good . fancy giving me your opinion ?

dave
Only if u promise I wont get brake fade at the end of the Snetterton straight - my underwear wont stand any more nasty surprises :eek: :D

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
evo400 said:

dave
If you do pads to fit Movit callipers then I might be interested (std kit on the 911 GT3). Let me know.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dave, I'll take the lack of reply as a 'no' then, and carry on buying Pagids...

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Replacement Pads

Steve

are you at Cadwell on the 10th ?

I'm using the Carbonne Lorraine WRC pads, I used RS19 extensively previously and they are night and day more effective, less modulation but reasonably progressive from nothing to totally unrealistic stopping ability.

Cold V V good

Hot just unbelievable, cheap too D Tweaks have stock, if your unsure then your more than welcolme to make your own mind up on the 10th ;)

oh real kind to the disks as well, not that the Pagids were not but these seem very kind.

only downside I see is not really suited for road use though as you will find you are going to stop but the **** behind ain't :D

regards

John

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will give you a bell this week Dave - just back from hols.

Steve.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Replacement Pads

JohnT said:
Steve

are you at Cadwell on the 10th ?
Aye :D

I'll jump in for a few pax laps if you don't mind - main problem is likely to be availablility of pads for the Movit callipers, but you never know.

No problem re: road use as mine is only really used in anger on track :)

Cheers,
Steve.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dave - thanks for the advice :smthumbup . Will be in touch after John has tried to detach my retinas next Friday :D

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Carbonne Lorraine

Steve,

if you have the part numbers for your Movit brake pads , Demon will phone Carbonne Lorraine directly on your behalf to find a match for the pattern, this is what they did for me for the AP's.

cannot fault the service from DT on this item.

Regards

JohnT

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Carbonne Lorraine

JohnT said:
Steve,

if you have the part numbers for your Movit brake pads , Demon will phone Carbonne Lorraine directly on your behalf to find a match for the pattern, this is what they did for me for the AP's.

cannot fault the service from DT on this item.

Regards

JohnT
Thanks John,

Dave has already told me the pads are available for my calliper, but no harm confirming with CL. Look forward to the demo :cool:

That said, I do have a fresh set of RS29's to get through first - I'd better brake harder next week :D

Steve.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rich, I got mine from stockcar as well. I remember he was the cheapest of the price I got (but have forgotten who else quoted me :eek: )

But if the Carbonne Lorraine WRC demo goes well this Friday I may well give them a shot next :cool:

Steve.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts