Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some pads with rs15 markings on the back plates, I haven't used them but I presume they are pagid?

Does anyone use them on here? How do you find them :smthumbup

·
Transmission Dynamics
7,801 Posts
Yeah, they're pretty good pads. I have them in the Megane RS at the moment, and they are definitely the best Pagid pads I've used (RS 4-2-1, RS29)

They need a little bit of heat to start working fully, and have a similar feel to XP10's. Not used them on track though, although I suspect they would be good from what I have felt so far on the road.

·
Premium Member
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, they're pretty good pads. I have them in the Megane RS at the moment, and they are definitely the best Pagid pads I've used (RS 4-2-1, RS29)

They need a little bit of heat to start working fully, and have a similar feel to XP10's. Not used them on track though, although I suspect they would be good from what I have felt so far on the road.
Thanks Clive they came with some fq400 alcons I bought second hand. I cleaned them up and they have 9.4mm pad material left on them. My cars tend to do very little road miles. I will be refurbishing the alcons new everything but just seemed a shame not to try the pads before purchasing replacements as the write ups online seem promising.

To hear you think they are ok is praise enough for trying them :smthumbup

·
Horizon chaser
977 Posts

I have the RS29 and although brilliant stopping power and very little fade they are so noisy. Screeching at all temps. Can be a bit embarrassing. Been through the bedding in cycle three times as recommended by rosssport as they were so noisy, four laps round the ring and a visit to autotroque who remarked they are a bit on the loud side.

·
Transmission Dynamics
7,801 Posts
Really don't like RS29's at all. The RS15's are much better all round.

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
I have these in mine, if you find them to squeal a fair bit the brembo anti-squeal shims with copper slip worked a treat for me, not sure if you can get them for the FQ400 alcon pad though?

·
Premium Member
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have these in mine, if you find them to squeal a fair bit the brembo anti-squeal shims with copper slip worked a treat for me, not sure if you can get them for the FQ400 alcon pad though?
They defi do them as I have a set in my fq400 calipers :smthumbup

·
Banned
5 Posts

That's good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts