Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
It is what it is.
1,109 Posts
It was this car, albeit in one of its earlier guises, that made my mind up that I would own a 6!
Can't believe Ross has sold it! There must be some serious plans afoot in the Ross Sport camp what with the sale of this, the 10RS and the GTR!
Great car and a credit to all the guys at Ross Sport, APT, SHP and everyone else involved. Good luck with your future projects. :smthumbup

·
Ross Sport
17,138 Posts
Why did you sell Ross?

What a machine!
OK I was going to let this one roll! But as its been mentioned on the article...
In short, Gary and I were heavily invested in getting the 1/4 time out of the car that we knew was in there. It was a long road, but one that I was never going to give up on! We wanted to be the first 8second Evo in the UK, and knew we had the car & experience to do it. Bearing in mind that Evos are not a "drag car" in the true sense of the word, things do break and there comes a point where you have to draw the line and realise that you've gone as far as you can with something.
Personally I had no real will or want to race the car on the circuit or hill climb it, as my hearts on the drag strip as far as serious competition goes. Luckily for me one of our long term customers (Reedy on here) saw the potential in the car and a deal was struck. We have spent a lot of time this winter converting the car to its new spec where we hope it will be very effective in this years CP Time Attack. We have put together a great team that will be focused on the next goal for the car, so watch this space :smthumbup
As for me, I will be back on the strip with a purpose built car as soon as slow boy Norris or Conrad pulls their fingers out to beat us:D

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Excellent read. Seriously good car. Do we know who it has gone to yet? Anyone 'known'?

Edit; You answered my questions as I was typing :)

·
Ross Sport
17,138 Posts
It was this car, albeit in one of its earlier guises, that made my mind up that I would own a 6!
Can't believe Ross has sold it! There must be some serious plans afoot in the Ross Sport camp what with the sale of this, the 10RS and the GTR!
Great car and a credit to all the guys at Ross Sport, APT, SHP and everyone else involved. Good luck with your future projects. :smthumbup
Weve got a few bits and bobs on the go! This season is all about Phil and the Evo 6 for me. Cant wait :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
Mega :coolsm: Im sure you all will do well with a proper team and car

Reactions: reedy3rs

·
Premium Member
Evo VI RS
21,614 Posts
Didn't realise you had sold it Ross! :eek::eek:

I'm sure Mr Reed will put it through its paces. Can't wait to see it hurtling around the circuits of TA UK.

Looking forward to seeing the future developments of Ross Sport too. :thumbup:

PS - Awesome article by Speed Hunters - well done Suze and team :smthumbup:thumbup:

PPS = Does thing mean Mr Forest will continue to walk away with the 30-130 title?! :eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts