Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a "contact"?

I am after a stainless steel Daytona (white or black face) and don't really fancy paying £6k for it....

And yes, I realise they are not "easy" to get hold off.....

Backhanders possible.

·
Registered
151 Posts
5 year waiting list for a Daytona.

I have a friend in the jewellery trade who is always after these but very rarely gets one. I will have a chat with him, but you are still looking at 5 grandish.

Nice watch though. Can get you a Submariner if interested

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Saintsman said:
5 year waiting list for a Daytona.

I have a friend in the jewellery trade who is always after these but very rarely gets one. I will have a chat with him, but you are still looking at 5 grandish.

Nice watch though. Can get you a Submariner if interested
I have three deposits down on Daytonas. I am happy to pay £4.5k for one now and I'll give your friend the first one that comes my way (approx. 12 months away now).

·
Registered
878 Posts
Ben,

There are a few on ebay. Though considering Ebay is pikey city you will be taking your chances ;)

James.

·
Registered
639 Posts
My dad collects fine watches all he does is find a good price on the net walk into the local dealers and ask if they can match it. You,ll be surprised. He recently purchased a Jaeger 18ct Gold reverso with all the works book price 7.5k my dad paid 5 brand new.

One of the sites he uses for this is watchfinder

Best of luck m8. I cant believe how much it,s cost to service these watches 280 quid for his last one :eek:

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
red baron said:
My dad collects fine watches all he does is find a good price on the net walk into the local dealers and ask if they can match it. You,ll be surprised. He recently purchased a Jaeger 18ct Gold reverso with all the works book price 7.5k my dad paid 5 brand new.

One of the sites he uses for this is watchfinder

Best of luck m8. I cant believe how much it,s cost to service these watches 280 quid for his last one :eek:
I'll give you £500 if you can find a Rolex dealer with a list priced SS Daytona (116520) in the window!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Hi m8 i have a rolex as my everyday watch always wanted one/what a dissapointment it gains a minute a day,spoke/sent to rolex a few times to be sorted and the sales/repairer said 'its only a minute a day thats not bad' so much for the best time piece in the world, better having a cheap jap copy thats accurate! :)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Rolex Cosmograph Daytona

Model 116523 Retail £5960

There price £5195..............saving £765. :)

The watch your after has probably the same movement by the way as the above.It,s all down to supply and demand my freind.

Check the Jaegers out the best watch makers in the world IMHO.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
red baron said:
Rolex Cosmograph Daytona

Model 116523 Retail £5960

There price £5195..............saving £765. :)

The watch your after has probably the same movement by the way as the above.It,s all down to supply and demand my freind.

Check the Jaegers out the best watch makers in the world IMHO.
That's not a stainless steel one.... that's a bi-metal one. They're easy to find.

I am looking for a 116520 Stainless steel Daytona..... much harder to come by!

Thanks for your hlep though.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
petbeemer said:
Hi m8 i have a rolex as my everyday watch always wanted one/what a dissapointment it gains a minute a day,spoke/sent to rolex a few times to be sorted and the sales/repairer said 'its only a minute a day thats not bad' so much for the best time piece in the world, better having a cheap jap copy thats accurate! :)
I have a GMT Master 2 and a Datejust and they both keep better time than that, but I agree they are not the most accurate.....certainly not as good a quartz watch.

But hey they are completely mechanical!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Ben & co.

If you find one and you get the offer of another one, or one of your three on waiting list come in can you give me a shout too please. Sick of trying to even get on an official waiting list! Pref black face.

cheers
Ian

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
its not the time keeping that matters....its the pleasure of owning a beautiful piece of history and a brand that has remained true to itself for a fair old period of time. You either get the rolex thing or you dont.
There are other nice watches around, but I wont be giving up my explorer I or Sea dweller in a hurry.

PS The new Rolex green stuff (gmt and sub) is very wonky alomst ordering on chav like IMHO! :)

1 - 20 of 143 Posts