Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I went to Rockingham Wet Grip yesterday with some guys from ScoobyNet :handsup: Took a few vids so thought I'd share them with you all. It was a really good day and (despite many spins :shake:) I learnt alot about how the car handles and the instructors were very good.

Brilliant few hours, would definately recommend it to anybody, especially if they want to mod the squdigy bit between seat and wheel :smthumbup

Video

Rich

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The clue's in the name ;)

It's basically a big plate that your supposed to hit at 28mph. When your front wheels go over it, it doesn't do anything, but just as your back wheels are about to leave, it shoves them left/right with a varying amount of force, resulting in some sideways action that you're supposed to recover from. When you start practise they tell you which way you're going to get spun, by the end of the session they set it to random power and random direction... Plenty of spins, but managed to save a few of them :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
It's a great day out, good fun and very educational. I went there with some friends at the end of last year. Was interesting having a play with the ACD settings to see what difference they made.

I highly recommend a session there if you get the opportunity. I know Bookatrack occasionally hire the facility when they have a trackday on at Rockingham, not sure if the MLR do similar.

:)

Attachments

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Basically you can hire the whole wet grip area with two instructors for about £2500 (or maybe a bit less if you ask nicely!). Then it's just a case of dividing that cost up by however many people go... I paid about £110

·
Premium Member
8,486 Posts
That looks a good day, and no doubt learned loads.

That kick plate device looked a bit of a handful :eek:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah it's a bit brutal the first few goes but you soon get better at it :smthumbup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts