Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Installed my rocker cover today and had severe problems getting the little black rubber bung thingy out of the back. It's located around the area that I've indicated on the pic at threar of the rocker cover. There's a black pipe that runs into it from the manifold or whatever it is (silver thing behind). The pipe came out easy enough and goes in ok but I'm just worried that it'll f*** something up as the bung did spilt and a part of it came off. Anyone know what this is for and where I can get a replacement?

Cheers

Mike:smthumbup

·
Registered
12,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is that the pcv outlet rubber
Are ya asking me or telling me dude? Because if you're asking? :confused:

It's the only part of the rocker that has the rubber seal/ bung type thingy with a hose entering/ exiting. I think it may just hold the hose in place and keep it sealed? I don't know, just guessing really.

Mike

·
Registered
12,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a few spare ! Send me your address and i'll get one in the post :)

It's the PSV valve . Breather for the rocker under vacuum ..
You're gentleman mate. Not many of us left. ;) YHPM!

·
Registered
9,261 Posts
polite

Are ya asking me or telling me dude? Because if you're asking? :confused:

It's the only part of the rocker that has the rubber seal/ bung type thingy with a hose entering/ exiting. I think it may just hold the hose in place and keep it sealed? I don't know, just guessing really.

Mike
politely telling you :D
its the engine vent for rear of rocker cover[positive crankcase vent] its a one way valve.
on strokers/heavy breathing engines its modded to have 2x-10 fittings one where your issue is,one at the nearside into a catchcan-if you are planning any further mods it may be a good idea to get a r/cover modded[exchange]
a certain mr neverneverman would do you a good deal for sure:smthumbup

·
Registered
12,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
politely telling you :D
its the engine vent for rear of rocker cover[positive crankcase vent] its a one way valve.
on strokers/heavy breathing engines its modded to have 2x-10 fittings one where your issue is,one at the nearside into a catchcan-if you are planning any further mods it may be a good idea to get a r/cover modded[exchange]
a certain mr neverneverman would do you a good deal for sure:smthumbup
Cheers mate. Yeah! I've seen his stuff and I know he could sort me out. At the minute though, I've no plans of any heavy modding at such. I think I know the other (N/S) one you're talking about. That's a male connection? A solid external pipe coming out @ the right hand side. I'm more than likely wrong.

Anyway, already been in touch with Paul about the airbox and battery relocation kit. He refuses to do me a hardpipe setup though. :crackup: (Only kidding mate).

Thanks guys:smthumbup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts