Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to renew all 4 on my 6, been looking at all sorts but are Eagle F1s assy3 still the way to go for an all rounder? (dont need epic levels of track grip, just good all weather road use)

Blackcircles have them at 70 each which seems very reasonable...

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
Some people have said the 3's aren't as good as the 2's but then I've also heard (all from here, have a search) that the 3's are pretty good.

I've used F1A2's on my 9 for many years and found them a very good all round tyre...but have recently gone to 18" wheels and have moved to Michelin Pilot Super Sports this time round...

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
The current range of Michelin 'high performance' tyres consists mainly of Pilot Sport 2, Super Sport and Pilot Cup. The PS3 is a touring tyre and although there is nothing wrong with it, it won't give the same levels of grip as the others, or for that matter, the Eagle F1 either.

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,846 Posts
Goody Eagle F1 Asy 2 - transformed the grip levels and overall driving on my VI. Standard (ish) power OEM 17" rims. Used them on track in the dry and country lanes in the wet - all good. In the dry scary how hard you needed to push them to break traction/go beyond grip limit.

I have Pilot Sports on a set of Tarmac WRC Evos to be fitted at some point so I will be able to compare whenever I get around to it.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I only ever use eagle f1's very good tyre , grip is exceptional. Also had a set of bridgestone potenza's in the past that were very good too.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
They don't do 235/45/17 in Super Sports do they???
I am using Goodyear ASYM 2's and there great, going to need changing soon though

·
Transmission Dynamics
7,804 Posts
Please don't fit PS3's to an Evo, that tyre is more suited to a low powered daily driver shopping car!

The PS4 and Pilot Supersport are far superior.

·
Transmission Dynamics
7,804 Posts
The pilot sport 4's replaced the super sports.
That's not entirely true. I spoke to Jamie Mcwhir (Michelins top technical man) in detail about the supersport, the PS3 and PS4.

The PS4 is 95% of the original supersport in regards to tech and compound, but it isn't a replacment for the supersport. Michelin are going to bring out another tyre to replace the supersport.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts