Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which brand would 9 out of 10 owners choose for.....
road use,must be height adjustable,
i have std (i think !) 5 dampers with hks springs and top mounts.
too hard for b roads,fine on good tarmac
whats the best compromise at a sensible price ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the DMS 40mm will probably suit you, or 50mm if you budget stretches to it!

40mm are reasonable price - you may need to experiment with springs to your liking.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JC
Got to agree with Blade on this - The DMS stuff is Da Bomb. Reiger is also worth a look (a HELL of a lot of Gr. N 7's running this stuff this year so settings are easy to get.) I am still waiting for a decent dry track day to decide which way to go - (my choices, DMS 40mm Gold, DMS 50mm Super Strut or Regier 70mm units). The good news for our application (road) the DMS stuff has the infamous dust seals so you don't have to strip and rebuild them every month.
If you can get the 50mm kit cheaper than 2400 quid (and I've tried all sorts of wonderfull routes) call me...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got a quote (a while back) for 50mm direct from drummond which was for $2700 aussie probably around 1400 pounds
on top you would have shipping, duty and vat

afaik they come with 'double progressive springs' which personally i don't like so might need to factor in getting some linear ones locally

haven't got round to doing it yet as am still stuck on more power but its on the list
all the top rally cars in this part of the world use them

andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
evotrak, you are right about the double progressives - but that is good for the road, but weird on track! I replaced them with Eibach racing springs instead (twice now!). £1400 uk, if you add shipping, duty and vat is probably going to be around £2k, which is pretty good. Perhaps Justin should start importing them, they would be popular!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Funny you should say that, I am going to run a group buy on suspension and harnesses next.

I *think*, most people want a no maintenance shock that offers a vastly improved ride for the
road and just that little but stiffer for the track; oh, and quite likely the right side of £1000.

Any other good suggestions ? Perhaps a product with a UK distributor ?

And whilst ive got your attention.....any adivce of harnesses ?

Cheers,

Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
blade

yeah the problem with progressives is that the first bit is pretty soft, supposedly to preserve ride, unfortunately the next bit has to be a lot harder so you don't run out of travel, and this makes the handling...as you say weird!

personally i feel that the 40mm is a marketing exercise as they never used to have these

justin

no distributor? sounds like an opportunity to me
not that i usually support products made from the country that bought us motec
still its not unheard of for people to ditch their proflex and replace them with these

anyway once i've done my water injection, cams, launch and antilag i'm going to invest in some 50mm

andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just ordered the 50mm

paying the equivalent of 1413 pounds
in stock in aussie so will be here in a week or so

also replacing the main bushes that give trouble and get loose which are

front - rear of the front arms bush
rear - front track control arm bush

andrew

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.