Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having problems on this one. When my S-02's expire in the near future I want to get some road legal cut slicks/moulded slicks without spending pots on 18 wheels or changing the gearing by getting a different rolloing radius tyre on the standard alloys. So who the hell sells a road legal 225/45-17 tyre for track days? Dunlop D98J and D01J don't come in the right size and Yoko AO32R and AO38R's don't either.

Any thoughts folks?

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dunlops do come in the right size (or at least did!). Kumho do as well, and P Zero Corsa (expensive).

Try contacting dunlop direct, or South-Shore tyres.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A slight change in rolling radius is ok. You may be able to get something like a 235/40-17 which is almost the same rolling radius.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Blade,

Dunlops don't come in that size any more - I'm looking at the Dunlop Motorsport tyre catalogue now. Yoko 38R's may be the best bet as they do a 235/40-17 (I think), although looks like these are getting replaced with AO48R's and I don't have any details right now. Mind you if it keep raining like this I'll be glad to eke a bit more from the S-02's as the 38R's on my Pug were aquaplaning like a ******* at Snetterton (at worryingly low speeds).

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Claudius has fitted 235 45 17 bridgestons semis slicks, and I have the a032 in 225/45 17.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts