Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a bit of a chance to mess about with the car recently and have some out put from my software road dyno. The car is pretty mildly modded engine wise, stock rods, pistons etc. Notable mods below
HKS 264 at +2/0 cam timing
IX turbo
Helix clutch
50/50 Meth-water at approx 260 cc/min
Sports cat.
Stock intake with cut back lid, green panel filter.
3 port BCS

The car is very much full weight, with only a titanium cat back to note, however this is easily off set by a big bag of spanners, a socket set and assorted crap in the boot, additionally I weigh just under 100 kilos. There was a full tank of gas on board, having only just filled up.

My test area is a road very like the Pembury bypass, which when running from the Seven mile lane end is slightly up hill.

Just an illustration of what can be done, but bare in mind I spend an inordinate amount of time arsing about with this car, and to repeat this on an unknown car could well take ages.

So with a bag of salt, here's some yank like numbers..............

Attachments

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
It's a shame you're not running at the 30-130mph day, I'd have liked to have seen your VII and how it performs. :)

Paul

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be a good test, I might try a 10-100 as the ECU+ will track speed against time, I think 130 might be pushing the boundary's of safety on my test track!

·
Registered
526 Posts
your ecu+ seems to be a good software! ;-)
looking good your results! where can I buy it ? they finished the production :-((
*thumbsup* for ya results!

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ECU+ is indeed a great product, it is a piggy back ECU that I purchased sometime before ECUFlash was developed for the Evo. I use the ECU+ purely for logging, and though I'd love to be able to recommend as a standalone logging tool, it would be rather expensive for that purpose. Here's a link for the site http://www.ecuplus.com/index.htm the developer, Tom Collins has done a load of work recently and continues with great support for the product.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No real need for Evoscan, I've used Mitsulogger and Clanzers logger which are both free, but I've no need to pony up for Evoscan given the capibilitys of the ECU+

·
Premium Member
23,183 Posts
I did wonder what you used for logging as it does look very good, can you call up the power graphs at any time or do you have copy over info for them to work ?

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The power graphs are a right click from in the application. The actual logging is very much like an Evoscan csv format, but with proprietary definition columns and formatting information. It's pretty niffty, I'm just wondering if the devloper would be interested in doing a cheap conversion where Evoscan, Mitsulogger etc might be read in this application.

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
I did wonder what you used for logging as it does look very good, can you call up the power graphs at any time or do you have copy over info for them to work ?

Cheers
Lee
Lee,
If you want, I've got an extra column you can add onto the Evoscan logs that will give you a rough idea of power by just working off duty cycles and AFR's.

Andy

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the Excel file you did for this originaly Andy, the only thing I didn't quite nail down was the base fuel pressure. Does this need to be measured or do you have an idea of the more usual setups?

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
If it's different then yes you need to adjust for it but most people are just running the std 3 bar anyway and I've 'calibrated' the calc to take it into account :lol:

You can actually just change a few of the definitions in evoscan (including just setting a value for the fuel pressure) and get it to log the estimated power as you go along as well.

Seems to tie up relatively closely with what people get on RR's but obviously I don't use it for absolute figures, more to do with are we getting better/worse in terms of output.

Andy

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
That sounds good Andy:smthumbup Would you be able to post the extra bit which needs adding or PM me it:) going to be messing with the cams to see what degree is the best and this would help by the sounds of it:smthumbup

Nice work anyway burgers:smthumbup

Scott

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Nice work Burgers :smthumbup

Be careful on that test road, various sightings of bacon in that area.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
there always is down that way :D

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice work Burgers :smthumbup

Be careful on that test road, various sightings of bacon in that area.
Thanks, I did find one of our finest cruising the scene, I guess as it's a very safe place (roundabouts excepted) to do that sort of thing, quite a few people may just do that and some more, which maybe drawing attention to the place.

I must say I'm surprised at the torque, the the ECU+ has been pretty consistent in all the time I've used it, so even if the absolute figures are open to interpretation, relative to my other results, it's a nice set of numbers.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
MB, do you leave the piggyback tapped into the loom all the time, I'm curious as to how it behaves with Ecuflash running. I Assume you can just leave it connected to log but flash with Ecuflash?

Cheers

Jon

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The piggy back has a break out loom with it, which has been very handy for splicing in the wideband and water injection. You can flash as normal with the ECU+ in line, and use other loggers if you so wish. The developer, Tom Collins has added a lot of functionality to the software and firmware to support things like MUT logging, map tracing and map editing, which has meant the ECU+ is integrated with the functions of ECUFlash. Tom really has gone a long way with his continued support of this product.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I've been using the virtual dyno room......but have to copy and paste over from logs.
Me too :)
Suprisingly consistent when you use the same stretch of tarmac/start rpm/gear etc.
Obviously no good for low/mid load MBT tinkering though :( but that's another thread or 12 on it's own...

Burgers, looking good :) How do your numbers compare with VDR numbers? (If you've tried it?)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts