Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aimed mainly at Proflex/Ohlins/Drummonds/Reiger/HKS suspension users: what ride height setting are you using?

I measured 370mm front and 350mm rear at my TME with standard suspension. Thinking about lowering 15mm each side, with Proflex shocks.

Any opinions? I use the car mainly for mountain roads / special stages type of driving.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Claudius, unless you modify the length of the drop links to the anti-roll bar in which case the car will roll less as you are lowering the centre of gravity and the anti roll bar still works correctly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to highjack the thread guys.

Clive,

Are the drop links adjustable. I have noticed that there is still a reasonable amount of roll on my E6 even though it has the Eibach lowering springs.

The anti roll bar set up on the EVO's, does the anti roll bar attach to the top suspension arm, or is braced on the lower suspension arms?

The term drop link would imply that the bar is attached via rose joints to the top suspension arms.

The reason I ask this is because I posted some questions about up-rating the anti roll bars with Cusco items, and no one seemed to know what the effect would be, apart from reducing roll that is.

I am interested in what the dynamic effect would be on the suspension when you up-rate these items, using a combination of bars (different diameters) and settings to aid turn in (pre loading the rear bar for example) and increase poise during cornering.

I am fitting all of the lower Cusco braces to keep the geometry locked in, but need to know what effects the anti roll bar upgrade would have and whether it is worthwhile.

Cheers,

EVO6RSS.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Original Post:
Yes Claudius, unless you modify the length of the drop links to the anti-roll bar in which case the car will roll less as you are lowering the centre of gravity and the anti roll bar still works correctly.
TRUE!! Never thought about doing that. Have you done this? If so, would you let me know the details? :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Claudius, Clive and Evo6RSS: thanks for bringing such interesting comments to my original post.

I should have thought about the implications of changing a parameter such as ride height.

I'm a few thousand kilometers away from my car, so I can't take a look at the anti-roll bar attachements. Following your comments, I it looks they are attached to the higher arm, and that's why they are affected by the road height setting. I will be able to drive the car 10 days from now, when I travel to Spain.

I guess the general recommendation is to leave ride height as it is out of the factory. Any more opinions about this?

Claudius, what spring length are you using with your Ohlins shocks? I ended up ordering softer springs in Spain, because at that time you were in Tokyo (thanks anyway for your offer to order them through your team). I got Eibachs 250mm 70N/mm (front) and 300mm 60N/mm (rear). The original front Proflex springs were slightly longer (270mm).

By the way, the main car magazine in Spain (Automovil) is testing the VII these days, and they are going to make a photo shoot with 'older' Evos, so my car is going to become a celebrity soon...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
although i have to run standard ride height on my group n evo rally car, for tarmac setting i also use 70 nm front, 60 rear spring rates, but the proflex damper springs are 320mm front, and 360mm rear, this gives a decent travel before reaching the end stops.
roger rally

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Splodge,

I don't think I have enough room in my Proflex shocks to fit 320mm (front) and 360mm (rear) springs.

Do you fit a helper|PLS|spring combination? That's the setting I have, and as I mentioned I would not have room to fit such long springs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just noticed on my rally evo 5, (which only has 2 way adjustment older Proflex set up), the rear springs are 10 / 250mm long, as came supplied with the dampers. this could be same as yours then?
only use the short starter springs on the front pair. progressive rate springs found by anyone?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts