Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I urgently require information regarding the standard ride height of the E6 measured from the front axel center to the top of the wheel arch.

I am of the belief it should be 396mm but the scutineers are quoting a figure of about 50mm higher than that which I believe are off road rally height settings!

I have gone through all the technical manuals but this dimension is not quoted...only that of the minimum ride height from ground to bottom of spoiler being 150mm.

If anyone could point me in the direction of where I could get some supporting information it would be much appreciated as the car in question will miss out on driving in the Targa Tasmania if this information can not be presented to the scrutineers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I took this picture from the Mitsubishi Motors Corporation High-Performance Catalogue for the Evo 6

Hope this helps!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I measured mine before replacing the shocks:

Front: 370mm
Rear: 350mm

Note my car is a TME, which I believe rides about 20mm lower than standard Evo VI.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you having problems at scrutineering in a rally?

I believe the homologated Gr.N ride height is about 10mm higher than the standard Evo VI GSR. Don't ask me why the did it this way. Luckily, not many scrtineers check this point.

I think it has been corrected in the Evo VII, which has been homologated with a lower ride height in Gr.N.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rallyman,

It's not actually my car but someone that races quite frequently and has spent alot of time setting up his car for tarmac. He's gone to the trouble of data logging tyre temps to get the optimum settings but when his car was scrutineered prior to the Targa Tasmania (tarmac event) he was told his car was 50mm too low! The last I heard he was getting a set of new struts and springs made up just for the event but as you can imagine all his development is now out the window. Quite a big oversight!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We would really appreciate if a few people (owners of Evolution VI's with standard suspension set-ups) could grab their measuring tapes and give us the following measurements;

A: Centre of wheel hub to bottom of wheelarch.
B: Bottom of edge of front splitter (at wheelarch) to the ground.

Thanks…

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi there

That height should be 380 mm on standard suspensions in the front, 350 mm in the rear.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Original Post:
I believe the homologated Gr.N ride height is about 10mm higher than the standard Evo VI GSR. Don't ask me why the did it this way.
Do you want me to tell you why GrN Evos are higher?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Original Post:
Matthew,

390 mm and 185 mm , this is on brand new tyres. Oh yes.........this is on a VI GSR ;)
Dont the GSRs get the rear tyres scratching the weelarches with that setup? :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
According to a 'Ralliart Japan's Suspension Tuning Guide' the front ride height on an Evo VI GSR is 385mm and the rear is 350mm.
The guide is an extract from 'Ralliart Japan's High performance Catalogue' and is written by Mr I. Kimata, General Manager of the WRC Marlboro Mitsubishi Ralliart Team so I guess he knows what he's talking about ;)

You can download the guide here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts