Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i have got an hks evc and an apexi s-afc (plus rest of stage 1 stuff (evo V)). i am currently running 1.1bar (s-afc not installed yet), and would ideally like to get up to about 1.4. i have been advised that i need a new fuel pump and fuel regulator, which is fair enough, but i am a bit skint at the mo. i have heard that it is possible to rewire the standard fuel pump to give more fuel, therefore would it be possible to rewire the fuel pump to give me the extra fuel needed for 1.4bar? if so, how safe is it? i would hope to have enough money (dont we all!!) for the fuel pump/regulator in a few months, but rewiring, if possible, sounds like a good stop-gap.

what do people think?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is a known mod which a number of owners have done , a search will bring up previous threads.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have been told that a 7's fuel pump can be rewired but that a 5's cant be reliably. is this true?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lightspeed

thanks alot for the info and links! ok, so the 5's fuel pump is rated at 150lph, but what about the 7. i ask, because it was the 7 that mentioned in my question before.
thanks again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure about the 7 - haven't found that info yet in any Mitsubishi literature.

I can't see Mitsubishi spending pennies on a higher flowing pump for the e7 when the old e6 one was up to the job of 280PS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts