Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone know about reverse the position of the factory blow off value?I have seen the rally car do it and the Mine's Evo do it as well.Is there any bad effect?My friend told me the sound will be louder than before,but I worry about is there any side effect.....:(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
u put a atmospheric one mate u would need to do some other bits n pieces first otherwise gonna coz problems mines getting set up soon if it works i will give u a shout.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when fitting gems ECU'S they recomend turning the valve around . must say do this and it has little effect apart from sound .

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Found a solution:

running a Forge bypass valve (not reversed), but with a stiffer spring (red)!

Works really well: the valve reacts very quickly and leakage should be reduced or non-existant, so the turbo does not have to spin unnecessarily high to compensate for the loss!

·
Registered
437 Posts
I know that this has been asked before ( I did a search but could'nt find it !) BUT what is the diffrence in preformance between the BOV, dump valve, re-circ and any other types there are out there!!

I'm not really intrested in the noise, more what good/bad it will do to the engine.

I'm sure that Mitsubishi would'nt have spent so much money developing the-re-circ. valve that is on there as standered if after market BOV's etc are better? Or am I seeing it in the wrong light?

Please help .....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.