Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

We have an Evo 5 with a slightly warmed/refreshed 4G63 with an Evo 9 turbo and GSC stage 1 cams and an Evo 9 oil filter adapter (larger oil cooler line ports).

We removed the OEM oil cooler until we can confirm the engine is healthy. Note previous engine had much bearing debris in oil so we consider the cooler to be not usable.

Don't believe we need a significant cooler, just one that is easiest and reliable install. Preferrable a bolt in with non aluminum fitting lines.

We will be running on a track occasionally, but we are more Sunday drivers than Formula 1...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Greetings!

We have an Evo 5 with a slightly warmed/refreshed 4G63 with an Evo 9 turbo and GSC stage 1 cams and an Evo 9 oil filter adapter (larger oil cooler line ports).

We removed the OEM oil cooler until we can confirm the engine is healthy. Note previous engine had much bearing debris in oil so we consider the cooler to be not usable.

Don't believe we need a significant cooler, just one that is easiest and reliable install. Preferrable a bolt in with non aluminum fitting lines.

We will be running on a track occasionally, but we are more Sunday drivers than Formula 1...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

If I’m correct I believe Ross Sport makes an OEM replacement kit with lines and everything.
HKS makes a pretty fancy kit, don’t know if they still produce them still though 😞

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great suggestions! A later OEM is inviting, but honestly I had been looking at the Norris model too. I like the bolt in aspect - typically a better job than my hack install with fabricated brackets...popping an oil leak on the Ring, I've already done. ;-(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts