Lancer Register Forum banner

replacing turbo outlet. help please

553 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  cornieboy 
#1 ·
Help please
I,am half way into stripping out to replace the manifoldand the trubo outlet. after reading up on it in here i found that the best way was to take out the turbo and the maifolds all to gether and strip in down on a bench.
I thought i had every think undone but now i found one pipe underneath that i can only think is the oil return but i cant find where to disconect it form, By the way this is on an evo iv as any one got a diagram or can you give me any addvise please. I want to start putting all this back together tomorrow and it would be nice if the new manifolds where in place, I hate deffect but i need the car back on the road. Plus is there anythink special i should know when this is all back together like oil for the turbo.
I hope some one can help me please
thanks
steve

#2 ·
just undo the two 10mm bolts holding the turbo oil return to the sump and remove the turbo with it attached, but be careful with the gasket if you dont have a new one, and use a little sealant to reseal it on ftiment.

bare in mind you will lose some oil from the sump when its removed.

#3 ·
Thanks

Rich
Are thease 10mm bolts easy to get at, as i never got around to seeing where it went into the sump and another question will i lose my engine oil or is it above that level. god i got bits every where i hope they all go back together ok.
Thanks Rich for the addvise, I hope it all comes together now.
steve

#8 ·
Thanks

Hey lads thanks
One more question now. How do you go about making sure there is oil in the turbo when butting it all back together i.e how do i prime it and will it get air locked or any thing. My tool kit comprices of bits from every where but never the bit i need so i all ways end up buying more.
thanks lads
steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.