Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it safe to replace the stock 0.9bar radiator cap to 1.3bar, as suggested by someone to overcome the top-up coolant in the bottle after each street battle?! the radiator components ie. rubber hoses, water pump, thermo, are all stock... so worried once the higher pressure cap is installed, these components may not be able to sustain?! if it's safe to replace, which one is preferred ie. Ralliart, GReddy, Cusco, Blitz, APEXi?! some says the higher pressure cap will raise the boiling point too, is this good for the radiator then?!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sheez, how come no one seems to respond on this topic?! or none of you guys had this problem?! or all using 1.3bar cap as default for EVOs...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Replaced my rad cap withno other mods to the cooling system. Fellow driver (Robin V. had problems before upgrading to Samco hoses - blew a hose off).

Next visit to Ralliart Dudley will see me the proud owner of a set of Samco's too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am using ralliart 1.3 cap and ralliart(samco) hoses. Am also running the 71C thermostat.

Raising the pressure will raise the boiling point, which in turn raises the maximum amount of heat that the cooling systems can disapate which is additional insurance. And yes you don't need to top up the bottle all the time.

Obvious downside is that the higher pressure will put more stress on everything.

Andrew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts