I MADE THE MISTAKE OF BUYING THE HKS KIT
YOU CAN NOW BUY THE TURBO OUTLET PIPE ALONE ,WHICH IS THE RESTRICTIVE ONE,
OTHERWISE ITS JUST GOOD LOOKING

SORRY ITS IN CAPS BUT IM **** AT TYPING,TIRED,AND CANT BE BOTHERED TO REWRITE

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lee,
It does improve throttle response , but the main benefit is when the boost is increased there is no expansion which means no lost boost pressure.
They look cool , but not being a fan of polished things I am having mine anodized , havn't decided the colour yet , but it won't b red or blue !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
didnt know steel expanded at such a low temp !, i think you will find the response improvement is down to the (lack of) restriction.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pisces, You mention that you can buy only the turbo outlet pipe. Is this from HKS or Ralliart? How much is it?

How could Mitsubishi put such a crap outlet pipe on in the first place, it almost looks like they have restricted it on purpose?!?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pisces,
The kit elimin8's some plastic and flexibles 2 ;)

Aussie,
Mitsu achieve their target power with the stock install , this also minimises noise and is easy 4 the factory 2 install on the car , but when us power mad lunes start we need better :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the factory pipe is made this way to clear the aircon unit.
i belive both power eng,and rc devs make single pipes

i personally cannot see you having much problem with any of the flexibles ballooning to double their size and spoiling your fun,
but hey,what do i know ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pisces,
Bit of an exageration there m8 , flexibles won't expand 2 x2 , but they do expand both radially and longitudinally , doesn't take much of that 2 loose pressure , and if energy is absorbed there it ain't going in2 the engine. Flexibles also deteriorate as they age.

Most serious comp turbo comp cars have totally hard pipe with special joints 2 absorb heat expansion and vibration , 2 expensive 4 production line road cars.

Depends wot stage u want 2 go 2 , 4 stock boost or close 2 it , the hard pipe kit is not cost effective , but from 1.4'ish bar up it's a good idea.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does anyone know how much the turbo outlet pipe is on its own from RC ?

The HKS kit is £349.50|PLS|vat ; they do not sell the turbo outlet pipe on its own.

If the RC pipe is expensive, perhaps I will run a group buy on the hard pipe kit.

After fitting the PE remapped ECU, im now well and truly into tuning my evo....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts