Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might have been covered before but i couldn't find anything here. I got pulled by plod last night, no problem just wanted to check i was the owner as it was 4AM and no-where near my home. I had my licence with me so handed it over to show the photo ID. Very polite and friendly officer pointed out that the photo ID card expires soon. I supose i should have noticed this, but who looks at their own licence? The licence itself entitles you to drive until you're 70 but ID card is for 10 years only and needs renewing. Before anyone points out it's cos the photo will look nothing like you ten years down the line, i know! BUT i haven't received any reminder from DVLA and the fine is £1000 :eek: It's almost as if they want you to forget so more cash can be sucked outta ya wallet . :smthumbdo

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
that sounds about normal :(

not changed address or owt have u? surely a reminder would be sent, but as u say another excuse to fleece the motorist.....

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope, no change of address, no change of name, no secret superhero alter ego, nowt :) Maybe the postman hates me ?! :lol

·
Registered
560 Posts
I got a reminder in the post approx 2 months before mine expired, if that helps.

Cheers,
Paul

·
Registered
878 Posts
I looked at mine today after someone at work was fined for this. I Got my photocard licence on 12-12-06, yest it expires 13-02-10. So despite the fact that the usually last 10 years mine only lasts 4 and a bit. The ezpirey date doesn't event make sense in terms of exact months. I think your right, they want you to forget so you pay the fine, and no, apparently they dont send you a reminder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts