Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im thinking of removing my dump valve and blanking it off as i know many members on here have.can someone just confirm for me that it wont kill my turbo as ive got a tme and the internals are different thanks

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
take it as your after the chatter of the wastegate :D, not sure on harming turbo but i thought the reason people fit dump valves is to eliminate spool up time when changing gear etc,

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
hi im thinking of removing my dump valve and blanking it off as i know many members on here have.can someone just confirm for me that it wont kill my turbo as ive got a tme and the internals are different thanks
Ive ran with DV blanked off for around six months on 1.6 bar of boost with no issues whatsoever but have heard some stories about stalling the turbo and damaging it by doing this but not to mine, standard internals also.
:smthumbup

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i really want to do it to get waste gate chatter .a tommi turbo has titanium internals just wana make sure its as strong as a normal tubbie

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
You will need it mapped for not running BOV or you might end up with surge.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
I don't run a dump valve anymore. Haven't done since June last year and have had no trouble. Am told there is little or no damage to the turbo and sounds amazing too:coolsm:

·
Premium Member
22,019 Posts
speak to stu8 on here, he does the same with no issues too
:)

I've been running with my DV blanked for years now, running varying boost from 1 bar to 1.8 bar, with no probs. I wont recommend it as in theory it is generally not the best idea, but the evo turbo seems to handle this with no probs, and it sounds great :mhihi:. You may find the car stalls when coming to a standstill though, as said above, you may need a map tweak to account for the air no longer being recirculated, it may be fine, that is a try it and see ;)

As for your turbo, i really have no idea whether it is ok on the tme tubby, but as an advantage, on fast gear changes the car 'appears' to spool up quicker, whether this is right, or just imagination, am not sure, but a few people have commented on this over the years

Stu

1 - 8 of 8 Posts