Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I removed the grommet on my 7 last night and the car does feel stronger in the mid range. Top end did not seem to change at all except for a bit of what feels like boost fluctuation around 5000rpm in 4th and 5th. I dont have a boost gauge yet so I cant really tell. Has anyone had similar results?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
EVOVII, what/where, grommet is that then? is it worth doing?
Have you done anything else to it yet?
I have replaced the cat |PLS| filter up to now, soon hopefully the dragger and boost/camshaft bolts.
J

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello
Be very carefull with playing with the boost on a evo 7 as the 3 cars that I have tested have all been Detting and need octane booster to help reduce the det so play at your own risk
Thanks Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Mark [ Shead ]
What would your interpretation of the best set of engine mods. on a 7 be without going over the top.
Without getting too technical, i know power is usually related to boost pressure, so, if we were to raise the boost to say around 1.5 bar, what do you think should be uprated or modified to allow the engine the best chance of staying together. Is it your opinion that the 7 is a step on from the 6 regarding performance tuning, or maybe a step sideways?. Thanks Mark, i know these are tricky questions to answer and everyone has their opinions, but with your proven engines and knowledge your advice and opinions are really worth their salt. Regards, SIMON.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mods - see Exhausts. If you fit a Super Drager - also get a MAX POWER type guard. I've seriously melted and damaged the rear bumper following a recent track day!

OT - grommet should stay then Mark? After talking to Coordsport they mention that with the fitment of the Sports ECU, nothing has o be done to alter boost as its taken care of with the ECU!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts