Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Advise please guys took these out looking to cure a slight high rpm misfire (6500)

I would have thought the car is running rich I installed nevereverman fuel pump hard wire kit and not been mapped just yet
Automotive tire Household hardware Nickel Auto part Composite material

Auto part Household hardware Engineering Electric blue Cylinder
View attachment 1

·
Registered
711 Posts
Im not sure about rich unless its been sat idling, but have you gapped them? 0.55mm i think is recommended on standard wasted spark arrangement.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Gaps are too big if you're running big boost mate.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There standard size gap boost is set at 1.3bar will be mapped at 1.5bar so. 55mm is recommended?

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Yes it is.
Whenever I ran more even with a COP kit, it misfired.

Reactions: Evo87

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it is.
Whenever I ran more even with a COP kit, it misfired.
How bad was your misfire mine only in high rpm boost does not seem to affect too much

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
How bad was your misfire mine only in high rpm boost does not seem to affect too much

I have exactly the same problem as you at the moment, getting it looked out to find out what's causing it

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have exactly the same problem as you at the moment, getting it looked out to find out what's causing it
If you find out what could be the cause do post what was causing it

I see slight misfire around 6.5k doesn't seem to matter what boost level it's set to

·
Registered
5,032 Posts

Mine was usually on boost ramp.
Between 3.5-4.5krpm.
Spark blow out.
Have had it happen high up though.

If it's still happening despite lowering the boost, it could be your coils breaking down.
Can you try someone's coils on your evo?

Is the pump hardwired?
Should get it mapped asap to make sure the pump isn't leaning the mixture at high rpm.
My walbro did that until it was hardwired.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine was usually on boost ramp.
Between 3.5-4.5krpm.
Spark blow out.
Have had it happen high up though.

If it's still happening despite lowering the boost, it could be your coils breaking down.
Can you try someone's coils on your evo?

Is the pump hardwired?
Should get it mapped asap to make sure the pump isn't leaning the mixture at high rpm.
My walbro did that until it was hardwired.
Tested my coils have 17mohms resistance all good compared them with my e8 coils and pump is hardwired have tried 2 walbros one was suspected fake

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
plugs all look good colour but gaps do look good. Its the cheapest test for a misfire. New set of NGK plugs with 0.55mm gap. (i used NGK BPR8ES, ask Neverneverman on here as he can supply, as can most of the traders i guess) Ive had misfires in a few of my evos and a set of plugs, gapped correctly, sorted it. You'll pay around £12 for a set of NGK. Don't waste the money on the £60 iridium ones. No point IMHO.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
plugs all look good colour but gaps do look good. Its the cheapest test for a misfire. New set of NGK plugs with 0.55mm gap. (i used NGK BPR8ES, ask Neverneverman on here as he can supply, as can most of the traders i guess) Ive had misfires in a few of my evos and a set of plugs, gapped correctly, sorted it. You'll pay around £12 for a set of NGK. Don't waste the money on the £60 iridium ones. No point IMHO.
Thanks buddy I have the BPR8ES in there now have not gapped them I will be doing that next hope it cures it although it's not as noticeable with the new plugs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts