Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
472 Posts
John,
What have you done [mods] to your car?, as i can see you have also changed the exhaust.I was going to change the front pipe of my 320, to an HKS unit, before the ECUTEK.What do you think?.I dont think you would get a lot of benefit from dumping the standard Super Drager, and fitting a more free fowing item, but maybe the front pipe is a good idea.Also, does changing the elbow produce massive gains?Do you get much induction noise with the airbox lid like it is. Regards, SIMON. :)

· Registered
472 Posts
johnbanks said:
It isn't terrible, it is just that I don't like loud cars. The resonators in it are shorter/smaller than the stock FQ system. It is noticeably louder than that, but not completely different if you see what I mean.

FQ system with bung in sounded ideal for most driving, although when thrashing the car you could mainly hear the roar of the engine from the front, and I think that non-Scooby 4 pots sound characterless, not a nice noise and it is restrictive. So I want an exhaust that is just loud enough to hear over the actual direct engine noise IYSWIM.
John,
I seem to be on your wave length at the mo.I just picked my new 9 up today, and did the 130 mile journey home with the "BUNG" in place.This is the first time i have driven an Evo with bung in place, and i thought it was more than acceptable, and i felt i could drive to Scotland, with no noise irritations.I wonder how many other owners replace the bungs if they are doing long motorway journeys.On another note, dont you just forget how good the Evos are when you havent been involved for a while.The feel of the car on the road, the razor sharp steering/direction changes, the torque from a slight movement of your bunions, its just great to be back in one again.Hey, im a happy guy :D :cool: :rockon: Regards, SIMON.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.