Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to mount the BOV on the PE (or Spec-R) intake/relocation kit?? Th alu tube that connects the air mass sensor to the turbo looks great, but there are no 'openings' for the BOV?! Is this normal with UK products or am I missing something?? It came without instructions..... Other parts included are: 2 silicon connection tubes, battery tray, box, clamps and bolts. NO tube for the BOV!?!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
U will find that these kits assume the installation of an aftermarket VTA blow off valve , obviously these do not require a recirc connection 2 the inlet pipe that the oem valve does.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Evoboy for the info. This means I can send it all back. PE told me the std. bov would fit! If you look on their site, you see an alu tube heading for a bov. This tube was also missing.

I have no luck with UK companies: end up sending it back always. Japanese products however, fit perfectly, come with a list of what should be included and instructions!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The battery relocation kit is a HUGE improvement over the standard setup http://194.93.140.171/graphics/biggrin1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > the single best thing you can buy after the PE alloy brake fluid cap for a tiny GBP 55 or 85 or something stupid I cant remember!
Seriously, sorry to hear you cant fir the BOV. Are you sure? Sounds impossible to me! PE dont even have pistons, why would they have a VTA BOV???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gerrit,

PE are a useless outfit, just don't order from them. Get a Japanese relocation kit and it'll be fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Talked to David Power (he was very helpful and obliging); he said he will sort it out. It seems Evoboy is partly right: they do make a kit for a recirc. bov as well. Got the wrong kit....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He is right, I checked with Spec-R and they so a kit that accommodates a recirc valve. I asked Upauto about some alternative Jap relocation kits and as far as I can see neither of the alternatives put forward do this (as well as being more expensive). The only bit I don't like about the Spec-R kit is the intake pipe is a welded set of straight pipe sections rather than a single smooth curved piece of metal like the Cusco.

n. ring, e-mail me if you want some pics of the Jap alternatives that Upauto sent me. However I don't think the Jap alternatives are that much better (if at all)

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Claudius,

PE do have pistons - they just aren't advertising them at the moment. I should know, they are fitting them to my car as we speak!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess they do now, but they didnt when I asked them in April. A friend of mine needed HKS pistons because his standard engine blew. PE replied telling me they dont have any. Got them from Graham Goode's. Very helpful.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Evoboy - what bought that on?

PE are fitting a different relocation kit to my car... carbon air box. Why don't u like the spec R stuff?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Blade,
Just 2 b clear , I am not confusing PE with Spec-urrgghh , PE r fine.

Spec-R stuff is nasty fabricated trinket type tosh , that pipework made from welded segments is the worst technique imaginable , ####'s the flow up and looks siht.
They do it that way because they don't have a tube bender.
Funny , that , I'm not normally prone 2 this type of outburst , but Spec-R stuff really does offend me............end of rant

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Blade,

Got any more details on the carbon air box/relocation kit? Sounds interesting, but is not mentioned on the PE website. Have been looking at the usual kits (Spec-R, Cusco, HKS kansai) but none are ideal. Spec-R intake is a section of straight pipes welded together; the two Jap ones are properly curved intakes but do not have proper airboxes, just a single shielding plate.

PS: I was at PE last week: is yours the silver RSX that was there?

Cheers,
Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Will get more info as it comes -basically, it is carbon - and fits into the NACA duct - nice. Have the ally box already, so will replace that with this one http://194.93.140.171/graphics/Happy.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

Looks really nice... Shall be shaking my car down at Bruntingthorpe on the 22nd - hopefully it will be up and running, though probably there will be lots wrong with it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A company in japan that goes by the name MONSTER make a rather nice relocation kit which has a carbon airbox and nice annodised red pipe. When recently taking to a reputable tuner i was informed that a relocation kit doesnt have much effect on performance under 400bhp

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It is the rallytech one they are using. Fits in the Naca duct. Battery should be ok (as I have the ally kit now and the battery has been relocated). The fusebox needs moving though...

Airfilter is going to be a K and amp;N I think.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts