Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound silly but how do you go about registering an evo 5, I am confused as I have read there is no model report, but how comes there are evo 5's on the road if there is no report?? Can someone help as I am thinking of getting one

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
wellywells said:
This may sound silly but how do you go about registering an evo 5, I am confused as I have read there is no model report, but how comes there are evo 5's on the road if there is no report?? Can someone help as I am thinking of getting one
The model report thing used to have more loopholes in it than a loopholey thing.

Mine for instance was SVA tested as a disabled vehicle :D

With the closing of the loopholes and the introduction of ESVA, the only real financially viable way of getting a V on the road these days would be with a model report. Unfortunately one does not exist yet.

You could, if you so wished jump through all the ESVA loopholes and get the car tested anyway, look at the thick end of 2 grand for this. If yours was standard however a small fee on top of that would generate a model report and allow you to possibly recoup your money hiring that out to other people bringing V's in?

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
I've done a lot of SVA prepping for my own business and for other people and everybody who i have spoken to said there is no and will be no model report for the Evo 5 as it will not make financial sense due to the fact that there are not enough left in Japan.
The loophole i have been told about (although i've not tried this personally) is to buy a 1999 model Evo 5 and to change the front bumper to an Evo 6 and to use an Evo 6 model report.........you would have to firstly make sure the numbers on the ECU's are the same for both models and that the cat size is also the same.
All in all i'd personally try and find one already in the UK as it'll probably work out cheaper.
All the above is from my own personal experience and offered as a helpline to anybody who can be bothered to read it!!!!
Dave.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been looing on the vosa website and I found this, it says about an esva test without a model report so is it possible I could get an evo 5 registered then??

Enhanced SVA test with Model Report
£190.00
£265.00

Enhanced SVA test without Model Report
£180.00
£255.00
E Certificate & ESVA test with Model Report
£100.00
£120.00

* E Certificate & ESVA test without Model Report
£90.00
£110.00