Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys, help me out here. exactly what paint is used on the evolution models? especially for the scotia white evolutions. is it PPG? Anzahl? DuPont?? Nippon???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My GSR is in Scotia White and I had a small bonnet repair done on it about 18 months ago. The guy gave me half a tin of paint, saying that it might come in handy someday. (?!)

Anyway the tin says 'Herberts Standox' and '2K STANDOCRYL', scribbled on a paper label is 'W83 Mitsubishi 1/2 and amp;lt;summat indecipherable and amp;gt; Scotia White'.

I doubt this is the original paint, but the repair is very good so you might have luck with it. The VI may have a slightly different interpretation of 'Scotia White' mind you - the exact paint code should be on your VIN plate.

Just found http://www.standox.com/ - you can do a search for paint codes/descriptions, there are 3 Mits Scotia Whites listed, dunno if they are all the same though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guys I had a look at the front of my white E6 yesterday and where the air vents are on the spoiler (not where the mesh is but lower) the paint seems to be so thin that you can actually see the primer below, is this common on the Evo that the paint job is not always A1. I have taken it to my dealer and they say that it must have been poor quality control, so hopefully they will respray the bumper properly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Evo_Mad

The yanks had the same problem with the nose of the space shuttle.

Been driving quite hard have we? http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/wink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Cheers

Naunt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My E5 is currently getting painted a bright metallic Blue and was previously scotica white. Insurance are being a pain in the ass since Im 19 and all so Ive decided to get it looking the business. Anyone keen to see before and after pics?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Naunt you could be right, I thought the paint could withstand the G Force. Obviously they need to look into it at Mitsubishi, looks like we may have to cover our Evos in those tiles that they use on the shuttle !!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts