Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've got my EVO 7 booked in to a body shop, I'm just wondering if there's a way of reducing the power or a valet mode while they have it?

Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not mapped yet, it's has the standard solenoid. So if I unplug it will it just run actuator pressure. Is there something that would put it into limp mode? I want it to be safe to be driven around site but not abused. I know the body shop and trust them but it's just incase.

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
It's not mapped yet, it's has the standard solenoid. So if I unplug it will it just run actuator pressure. Is there something that would put it into limp mode? I want it to be safe to be driven around site but not abused. I know the body shop and trust them but it's just incase.
the solenoid, if completely stock will have 2 pipes off it, 1 goes down towards the turbo, other to the intake pipe between filter and turbo, blocking that pipe that goes from the solenoid to the intake, so disconnect at the intake pipe, and block both the pipe to the solenoid and the nipple on the intake will leave actuator pressure. Basically you are stopping the solenoid from bleeding off boost

As for just unplugging the solenoid, i really cant remember whether that leaves the airway closed or open, i'd guess closed and so what you want, but you'll need someone to confirm or try it and see.

Stu

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
I had the same concerns with my body shop a few years back. When dropping it off I logged mileage and fuel.

When I picked it up the car had done 0.3 of a mile and fuel was the same so I was very relieved, then the owner of the shop was talking to me telling me how they regularly do Lambos and Ferraris for insurance companies so the Evo wasn't even that special to them lol.

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,846 Posts
Yup - buy a Ford Fiesta like mine with the 'my key' system :rolleyes:

Seriously unless you have a map so it can go into limp home mode. Not a lot. Unless you have an exhaust restrictor or something.

You worry too much. Just clock the mileage. They are really unlikely to be 'road testing it' most decent body shops are so busy that they can't take time out to do the above :handsup:

IF you can prove they have 'been out playing' you can hit them in the pocket when you pick the car up!

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,835 Posts
Because there's no one who will work there that might take your car for a jolly or damage it????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I didn't trust someone to be professional enough to not "abuse" my car, why would I trust them to do the work at all? When it comes to body work if your 10k evo isn't the cheapest car there then, trust me, you can find a better body shop.

·
Premium Member
10,686 Posts
Spot on mate

If I didn't trust someone to be professional enough to not "abuse" my car, why would I trust them to do the work at all? When it comes to body work if your 10k evo isn't the cheapest car there then, trust me, you can find a better body shop.

·
Premium Member
3,298 Posts
Whether your car isnt the cheapest there or not or whether they are main dealer repairer or not is completely irrelevant. It doesn't stop someone from driving your car does it? Whether you trust them or not the result in the end can be the same at both bodyshops so there's no point worrying about it.

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,835 Posts
Whether your car isnt the cheapest there or not or whether they are main dealer repairer or not is completely irrelevant. It doesn't stop someone from driving your car does it? Whether you trust them or not the result in the end can be the same at both bodyshops so there's no point worrying about it.

To do a good job you have to be professional and have a professional attitude. If you have that attitude it will extend to everything you do, including how you treat your customers' cars. Let's say I spend all day restoring million pound Ferraris and putting candy flip jobs on Katie Price's Range Rovers, and I take a car for a spin and am seen\caught speeding\crash it and in that one thing my rep and business is gone. What kind of person would risk such a thing? Someone that takes pride in what they do? No...the kind of person who would do such a thing is some not-give-a-toss about anything or anyone school dropout who changes tyres for a living. Not the type of person I'd want working on my car in the first place.

·
Premium Member
3,298 Posts
To do a good job you have to be professional and have a professional attitude. If you have that attitude it will extend to everything you do, including how you treat your customers' cars. Let's say I spend all day restoring million pound Ferraris and putting candy flip jobs on Katie Price's Range Rovers, and I take a car for a spin and am seen\caught speeding\crash it and in that one thing my rep and business is gone. What kind of person would risk such a thing? Someone that takes pride in what they do? No...the kind of person who would do such a thing is some not-give-a-toss about anything or anyone school dropout who changes tyres for a living. Not the type of person I'd want working on my car in the first place.
That's like saying small workshops that turn over smaller amounts don't take pride in their work, service or reputation.

You talk absolute crap sometimes

1 - 17 of 17 Posts