Lancer Register Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Can you get it to read the values off the factory sensors direct from the ecu, or do you need to add additional sensors?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
... now with more Bang :)
17,753 Posts
WANT WANT WANT - but I don't trust myself to do electrical ****e... Plus I can't afford it at the moment...
Exactly my problems!!! we can just sit and dream :( until we have money and also find someone to fit ;)

Although I cannot wait to see the OP's unit fitted in the car :D

Reactions: Jdftwyo

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
I did similar with the clock module on my V, but just for boost gauge readout.
This is next level in terms of what it gives.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Can you get it to read the values off the factory sensors direct from the ecu, or do you need to add additional sensors?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yes you can the reveltronics forum has guides on how to tap off existing sensors and calibrate them. https://forum.reveltronics.com/viewforum.php?f=3

Does this come in a kit with sensors and/or can it use inputs form existing sensors?
it comes with 2 digital temp sensors the you have to solder up. they are intended for indoor outdoor temp but the evo has that already. i used cheap ntc temp sensors and removed the guts and thermal glued them inside you can see the pic of the 2 sensors on page one. you can also tap off existing sensors. i planned to use the oem temp sender but had an extra digital one laying around so decided against that.

·
17,753 Posts
Yes you can the reveltronics forum has guides on how to tap off existing sensors and calibrate them. https://forum.reveltronics.com/viewforum.php?f=3

it comes with 2 digital temp sensors the you have to solder up. they are intended for indoor outdoor temp but the evo has that already. i used cheap ntc temp sensors and removed the guts and thermal glued them inside you can see the pic of the 2 sensors on page one. you can also tap off existing sensors. i planned to use the oem temp sender but had an extra digital one laying around so decided against that.
If you were in the UK, we would all be off around your house :lol:

·
17,753 Posts

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Is it a good idea to piggy back off the factory sensors already fitted to the ECU without the risk of disturbing the reading ?

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Is it a good idea to piggy back off the factory sensors already fitted to the ECU without the risk of disturbing the reading ?
Never seen any legnum/galant vr4 have any issues over on https://www.ozvr4.com/threads/utcomp-installation.15828/

Your idea of sharing ECU RTC signals with third party products

BIG Mistake :eek:
lol you should give me an example then. I had this setup running in my MR2 turbo for years with no issues. granted the only thing that was intercepted was the injector pulse but still, 65K miles with no issues.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts