Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have just had some bad news, those Jokers have decided to turn down my claim!

Car went into Vincents Yeovil for a new clutch, went for helix organic, FOUR days later the front diff and gearbox start whining, goes back to Vincents and they tell me i need new diff and bearings to gearbox. Be all right sir, covered on warranty.

Red Zebra visited, and reported back that because the clutch had been uprated the claim was void!

Do i have any claim on anybody, Vincents, were oils put into the two said items, I was not charged for them on the bill for the clutch.

Steve(pi55ed off)

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks extremist, no they did not, and for RZ to say that its due to the clutch mod after four days is really b*llocks.

I am still going to fight for it.

Steve

·
Registered
300 Posts
Out of intrest how many miles are on the MAK?

My RSX was around 23000 when the same items failed on that!

Plus many others !

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RSX Boy

The car has just done 37,000 miles, has been serviced as scheduled at Mitsi dealers, and yet on the first claim they turn me down.

As I think has been mentioned on here before, the warranty thing is a lot of b*llocks, might as well mod to your hearts content, get it serviced by jo bloggs in the corner garage and save yourself grief.

Steve

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Black Knight, could you shed any light on this issue as you are a mitsi dealer, and i assume deal with Red Zebra.

Would you say there action is harsh, four days from clutch and two items break, front diff and gearbox, yet they turn down the claim on the modification get out clause.

Steve

·
Registered
356 Posts
we sell helix clutches as an accessorie..... so mitsi have sold and fitted some thing that has voided ya warranty..... i wouldnt wear that to be honest...

£1208 for gearbox bearings (inc vat + labour)
£3589 +vat for transfer box alone
plus oils

some times we dont book gear box and ayc oil out simply fact is its in the workshop and techs help themselves and sometimes the parts guys forget to book it out...... our loss ur gain, but just because it aint on the invoice dont mean it aint been done ;)

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks Tom, thats what i tried to tell the chap from RZ yesterday, if I had got jo bloggs to fit it, yes could be a problem, but a mitsi garage by ralliart qualified fitter, NO!!

I will give them hell on Monday, can you suggest a line of attack

Steve

·
Registered
356 Posts
Wel if they are saying they wont cover it because its a modified part, then ask them why they recommend it in the mitsi acessories brochure u can get from any ralliart dealer and iv fitted them to a fair few of my evo customers.... with no probs..

dont give up.. the squeeky gate always gets the oil in the end..... ;)

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes and all bad. Just had a new transfer box fitted, and bearings in the gearbox replaced, came away waiting for the invoice in the post but give Vincents there due, they did say we could haggle the cost.

RZ did not want to know, modified car nullifies the warrenty, well I certainly wont be renewing in October!!!!!!!!!

Steve

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Black Knight,

in the end it seems the clutch was not the main issue, they then picked up the boost controller, dump valve, blitz exhaust as excuses saying the car was "highly" modified and therefore contravened the warranty.

Steve

·
Registered
55 Posts
My dealings with red zebra were similarly poor.

I really do agree with what you've said......why did I bother paying that little bit extra for a RZ approved car when it means absolutely f*** all :mad:

Dave

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Evoedd said:
Black Knight,

in the end it seems the clutch was not the main issue, they then picked up the boost controller, dump valve, blitz exhaust as excuses saying the car was "highly" modified and therefore contravened the warranty.

Steve
Well you cant argue with that :rolleyes:

Unless.......your dealer told you that you would still be covered :confused:

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I reckon it's the Boost Controller thats the problem M8

Maybe try to ask for a full refund of what u have paid out for the Warranty as it has never been in force

They will probally shaft u for that too but it's worth a go

Good luck m8

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Never actually paid "extra" for the warranty except the car was 18k a year ago.

Just think that the issue of FMSH may not warrant the expense of £60-00/hour, just get the local garage to do it, at the required intervals.

Steve

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Evoedd said:
Black Knight,

Steve
In all fairness to expect them to honour the warranty on a car with a boost controller is unreasonable.

I know your annoyed because they didn't pay out, but really what did you expect?

It's people trying this sort of stuff on, that has made the whole warranty thing on Evo's so un-viable.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Evoedd said:
Oh Ben,

and your so squeeky clean yourself are you?
No at all, but I would have removed the boost controller etc. before trying it on.

You didn't even put any effort into trynng to con them..... not sure how you can be surprised or upset at the outcome.

Lets be honest it would probably have been worth the effort for the price of bits you needed.

Ben

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.