Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peeps,

Bought some of the red mastic/ rubber material, got the white Ralliart logo scanned onto sticky stuff, pair of scissors, and hey presto!, a set of Ralliart look-a-like mud flaps.

If anyone wants some, either to cut out themselves, or I have made front an rear cardboard templates, let me know. I know Andy Fox had a thread about this a while back.

Depending on how many want them, price will be about £70 for a set plus postage (and no I haven't marked up the price)!

Material is Rally spec (apparently better than Ralliart's), and they look EXACTLY the same, with the logo's I've had printed.

Save £100? That's good for me!

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Will you be supplying the fixings too?
Already have a set of originals fitted, getting a bit tatty now though, so definately interested?
Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Black VI,

I've used the original self tapping screws that hold the bodykit together, not ideal i know. I will probably get some longer self tappers (look like about no.12/14) with the hex/ phillips head. The originals have a captive washer, I tried to put a penny washer over it but the screws are too short to bite on the clips.

Screws are not a prob (at work we share a stores with a fixings wholesaler, so I'll knick some) :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pondy

Do your skills work on other cars too? ie Paj Evo - got quoted nearly £300 from Co-Ordsport for red mud flaps for it! They must have been the gold plated ones, not red I think!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Teri,

I could post you a sheet of the stuff and the stickers,all you have to do is cut them to size to fit your 'Rally Lorry'. It's really easy, I did it with a pair of domestic scissors, and obviously you have to drill holes to put fixings through!

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've sorted the fixings: 1 panhead no.14 self tapping zinc plated screws with 1 1/4 zinc plated penny washers. They look the dog's danglies!

I will supply what is required if anybody is interested. If only a couple, too much hassle (for me). More people|EQU|less money!!

I am doing you a favour here, but hey, I'm good like that :)

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Misterbishi,

I just replaced the bodykit screws with longer and shinier ones and bigger washers, same as Ralliart do! It is incredibly easy. I've got Eibach lowered springs, and they still don't foul on full lock (it is close though). Anyone with 18 or bigger wheels could have a problem!

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep i would like a set can u get any other colours,if not red will b ok.do they come ready 2 screw on with stickers 4 £70 plus p/p if so tell me where 2 send the money,just a thought will the stickers stand up 2 the odd jet wash or 2!!!

thanks john;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
six,

I will let you know when this thread is finished, therefore will know numbers and def price. The stickers should be OK with pressure washers, however, the sh*t doesn't stick to the rubber/ mastic compound, it just wipes off!! Cleaned mine today with hose pipe, nothing came off.

I should be able to get blue aswell. let me know what colour you want! If blue, what colour stickers? Red flaps with white stickers look good. Perhaps red stickers with blue?

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pondy,

Count me in for a set of red.
Just Email me the address for the cash when you've got enough people and its on the way.

Hope you get enough people soon, sounds like a great deal. Well as long as you don't have to spend night after night in the garage
making mud flaps.

Steve :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pondy, please get him blue, we work togther and we already have people thinking we are sad for having the same type/colour car, let alone if we both get red mudflaps at the same time!!!! ...hehe

Rich.

ps. check ya mail ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Steve (RS2),

Does this mean you're not selling the Evo now? Glad to hear it. Shorty's having a meet soon, expect to see u there!! :) WIll let everyone know when am sure of numbers. I will email everyone to ask if they want sheet/ stickers/ fixings, or me to cut them out and drill 'em for them(let's hope not)!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I noticed on another thread that the thickness of thse was an issue to some. The stuff I got is 3mm, but can get 5mm (as used on group N and i think Group A).

I know this thread may sound like I'm going into business doing this, but I assure u I'm not. Just don't like to see people (especially me) being ripped off!

Any RALLI//// ////ART stickers? I've already paid for the scanning costs, so why not? I'm not sure of the legalities of this (from a copyright point of view), but surely free advertising is not a prob????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
blue please if poss with the stickers u think looks best uve seen the combos i,ll let u decide!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pondy,

hi, newbie here,

count me in for a set of red for my E4 if they'll fit....mine ain't got none (Queens english at its best! ;))...

Let me know where and when to send the munge!

Thanks

Colie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Original Post:
Peeps,

Bought some of the red mastic/ rubber material, got the white Ralliart logo scanned onto sticky stuff, pair of scissors, and hey presto!, a set of Ralliart look-a-like mud flaps.

Material is Rally spec (apparently better than Ralliart's), and they look EXACTLY the same, with the logo's I've had printed.

Andy
Sorry but Ralliart's mudflaps are made from Kaylan, the best mudflap material available, and it is the highest grade of Kaylan too. I have this on good authority. The original stuff used on the Mitsubishi boxed flaps (400 quid jobbies) was crap, and can be bought for a fiver a sheet, but these new ones, at 170 quid, are proper. The material is used by Prodrive, Ford WRC etc etc. And they come with stainless steel brackets, loads of nuts/bolts/screws and instructions. Not wanting to #### on anyones fire (sorry Pondy) but facts are facts. Jeez, I must be a mudflap anorak or summat!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Can I ask what the deal is with these mudflaps? I think they look like something an XR3i owner would have. If you want a rally car look, drive through some mud...

Mind you, one positive point is that my car will look different if there's that many of you on the roads with mudflaps!

Nice to see a bit of ingenuity on Pondys part though! Have you got a Blue Peter badge?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Grog,

I can get you some with XR3 stickers, if you'd like :)

Made my own Blue Peter badge out of an old washing up bottle and some sticky backed plastic :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts