Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a bit of advice on my E3 guys. I want to get a new clutch but am not sure which to go for? Does anyone have any recommendations? I have some other things planned for the 3, so don't want to spend a fortune on this alone.

When doing this is it worth upgrading to an ally flywheel at the same time?

Would someone be good enough to point out the benefits of doing so.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
If you're not doing a lot of launches etc then a decent organic clutch from AP or Helix will do the job OK, otherwise you might need a sprung paddle clutch.

An ally flywheel costs a few hundred so I would check the OE item when the clutch is coming out and only replace it if it knackered. A lighter flywheel should help you rev up a bit faster but TBH the difference is not huge.

Steve.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
i have a helix in mine for 2 years been very good loads of standing starts and doughnuts :blush:
dont think ap make a clutch for e1 to 3
your have a choose from the states like act 2100 act 2600 and act 2900 in either organic or paddle(puck type)
cusco do a twin plate as do os giken
in new zealand they make a clutch master multiplate with custom made flywheel ask ashills about this one as we are fitting it along with his new engine this weekend :D
hope this helps
mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
ex-gtir said:
cusco do a twin plate as do os giken
in new zealand they make a clutch master multiplate with custom made flywheel ask ashills about this one as we are fitting it along with his new engine this weekend :D
hope this helps
mike
I am located in NZ and looking at replacing the clutch in my Evo 8. The multiplate clutch in NZ sounds like a good idea. How is the new multiplate clutch going? Do you have any contact details for the manufactures of it in NZ as I would be interested in contacting them?

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
rapier said:
I am located in NZ and looking at replacing the clutch in my Evo 8. The multiplate clutch in NZ sounds like a good idea. How is the new multiplate clutch going? Do you have any contact details for the manufactures of it in NZ as I would be interested in contacting them?
they only make it for early one over there :(
best bet for you is to contact the nzmmc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts