Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now ####ed off with the self reclining Recaros,has anyone out there who has experienced this claimed under warranty?

If so could you tell me what was the process,outcome..etc.It takes me ages to get the right position and then the bloody things move back of their own accord.

Thanks in anticipation Barry.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Waz,
Hopefully this will help....

Slipping recline on Recaro seats
Cars affected:
Most cars with Recaro seats
Symptom:
The recline adjustment on the Recaros gradually slips back over time requiring readjustment.
Problem and cure:
This is known problem with Recaro seats fitted to the Evo's and a lot of other performance cars. It is believed that recline adjustment clamp doesn't secure itself correctly, which leads to gradual slippage backwards and therefore readjustment every few days.
There is a fix for it from Recaro that requires the fitting of replacement parts. If you have an 'official' Ralliart car then the fix can arranged if the car is still under warranty, ask your Mitsubishi/Ralliart dealer to contact Darren Hughes at Mitsubishi UK and the replacement parts can be arranged to be fitted. For non official cars or cars outside the warranty then contact Recaro UK directly to arrange for the parts to be delivered, the car owner will have to arrange fitting.
Contact Recaro in the UK on 01926 484111.
Recaro UK Ltd.,
Unit F7,
Holly Farm Business Park,
Honiley,
Warwickshire,
CV8 1NP.
(This above applies to the UK only. People outside the UK should contact the Recaro importer for their country.)
Approximate cost of repair:
N/A

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HH6

Thanks for the info I have the same problem on trackdays , always adjusting the seat !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Barry
OK I've got a Ralliart 6, and was pulling the seat back upright every time I got in.
Took it back under warranty, the garage claimed they took both seats to pieces
and seemed to fix the problem for a while.
But even now, I only adjust the seats in the upright direction... :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Barry, my mate took his UK 6 GSR to the dealer, and they claimed it was a known problem and would fix it. a part needs replacing apparently, can't remember exact details -will ask him next time I see him

GO back to your dealer and give them a piece of your mind!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you HH6,Blade,for you help Im off to the dealer,I have to adjust my seat after every hard acceleration....time to get it fixed.Its just a shame this mod was'nt done before I took delivery,if its a known fault you would think there would be a recall!

Barry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Barry

What is even worse is that this is a problem that appears on many Recaro's on many other cars, in particular the Honda R range. Not all opwners notice it. This is because if your seat is very upright, it tends not to happen so much. The more you like/need your seat to recline, the worse the problem appears.

BTW, Honda refuse to acknowledge it as a fault, so the fact that Mitsubishi do is at least a plus!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Barry,
Do a search for a thread I started on this, I phoned CCC and had it fixed under warrenty at my local Mitsu dealer, took them a whole day to do it!

R

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.