Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dedeffa or anyone else who has sorted the reclining Recaro problems on the E6,
Any progress on the reclining Recaro problem mentioned here. Does any anyone have anymore details (e.g. what was actually replaced?, cost?, easy to fit?, did it work?, how long to fit?).
Btw what cars does this affect? I know the E5/6 and TME but any others?
Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Think it is all recaros. I had the issue with the Recaro SR seats in the RSX. Believe they share the same reclining mechanisms

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup mine now seem fine although I'm still not convinced they are 100% I still at times have to adjust things but no way nearly as much as I had too.

From what I gather its the whole base that's replaced due to problem gripping the bar that goes through the base. I have no idea of the cost but as I understand it Recaro are aware of this problem so maybe you could go direct to them HH6 ?

As for the car a few people have complained about this on other makes and models as well, seems it may not just be this Recaro seat model?

R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HH6

This problem isn't only on Evos. Recaro's on my Accord Type R did the same thing and I have heard from other Honda owners the same story. My 7 seats don't seem as bad as they were when they were new. Strange.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HH6,

When I spoke to Recaro about this last year, they said couldn't do anything about it on imports as they only manage to get a handful of replacement parts at a time and these go straight to Mitsubishi.

I've found if you keep the seat in a fairly upright position it doesn't slip back. Worth getting used to if it stops you adjusting the seat all the time.

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dave,
Yep that's what I do with mine, near vertical, usually only have to adjust it every couple of days at the most also I think it's better for your back near vertical (well it is for my lanky 6' 2 frame :D).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mentioned this problem to Ralliart last time the car was in for a service ( having followed the threads on the board ) . I got a 'nothing we can do' response. I'll try again when I book in for the next service. Might also try writing to Mitsubishi Customer relations- good response for a request for the UK No tag for my Evo VI, local dealer had got nowhere in 9 months and 1 E mail to MCR got a 10/10 response, tag arrived through the post within the week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts