Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi every one was reading about the recall work on the rear arms cracking a few months back and im having problems.first off booked car in mitsubishi garage kept it for half a day said they could not do work on it because parts needed to be broken to replace the arms so they sent pictures to japan,japan say they will not replace the parts they damage.any one have any idea where to go from here?its been going on now for 3 months

what parts will they damage fitting the new arms?

the garage said they will give me the arms if i wanted to fit it my self
many thanks

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi m8 i asked on the phone but the chap i spoke to just said he only deals with the phone calls,they had the car already well befor xmass but they said parts had rusted so they would have to brake parts to remove the arms,so they had taken photos and emaild them to japan but they said they will change the arms but not replace the damaged parts,so i dont know if its just nuts and bolts or what i know sod all about cars.
might have to speak to my father inlaw hes has his own buisness but hes retired so he dont like working on cars now

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
ring the garage and ask them what parts they have broken when my 5 was in for the recall work they rang me befor they removed the parts that they said might break and asked me if i wanted to replace them with new parts or take the car away to try to remove the parts my self. as it was just the drop links told them to take them of and if they brok to replace them which they did

john

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol phones mitsubishi they are going to damage the 2 anti roll bar links and 2 nuts £108 just for them parts what a fooking rip off might have a look on ebay

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
thats right thats what i had replaced on my car i just told them to fit them

if they have had your car for 3 mothes id just tell them to replace them

john

·
Registered
524 Posts
I thought a garages policy is snap it repair it considering it is a recall which means it needs to be done by law because it being a safety item

·
Registered
524 Posts
Bet you if you went in and put a scrape down a new Evo bet you would have to pay the damage

Thats really ****ed me off that because i'm due to get my 4 booked in for the recall and they best off not trying anything like that on me

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i spoke to them on the phone the are going to give me the arms to fit my self beets been ripped off charging stupid prices for the drop links and fitting

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
that doesnt seem right, how are they giving you the parts? reason i ask is how will colt car company know the recall has been done? Im pretty sure if they break the links, then they will have to replace them the bill is sent to CCC at the end. Well this is how it happened when i had my VI rear arm recall done :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dont know i just asked if i cold have the parts to fi tmy self because i dont want them fitting the drop links,he said yes u can do it your self hope hes right

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
micevo said:
had my recall work done at cov mitsi no prob at all only in for half a day... result then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the recall is not the problem they wil do it but carnt replace the parts they are going to damage removing them

1 - 16 of 16 Posts