Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers Sam ;) the ecu is at motec now being unlocked and a base map being installed :D

Billy

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
billy,

Have you got any pictures from directly above the pistons, looking down?

Cheers
Simon

·
Registered
401 Posts
i love reading threads like this, keep up the good work.
Question, how do you match the pistons to your bore? I ask as i want to go forged engine on my fq with 25k miles. Do i need to buy oversized pistons and have the block machined or could i buy 85mm pistons and direct swap?

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lee i used a dial test indicator and a T piece attachment measured my bores and found they where still within spec and not oval . so ive gone for the same size pistons i already had and gapped the rings to suit ( not that difficult ) i already had the rods

Billy

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
evo-7 said:
i am down next saturday if the car is finished for then, ;)
I dont think it will be back together Sam , im waiting for some other bits to be delivered and i cant do much more until then ;)

cheers Billy

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
BillyT said:
i fitted today
Billy,

Reason I asked for a pic from above was because the pistons have larger valve cut-outs on the inlet side. Looking at your pic, it seems as if No4 might be the wrong way round? i.e. the larger cut-outs are on the exhaust side?

Might just be the camera angle ;)

Simon

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Billy, did you weight each piston/rod and rings to get them to balance or was it not necessary?

Just curious, good job. :cool:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ive used my exsisting rods and fitted replacement Omega pistons
due to some damage to the old Omegas, according to the manufacturer they are all balanced at the factory , so i can live with that :D

Billy

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CAM 6 said:
What happened to old engine Billy???

Or

You just changed your mind AGAIN :crackup: ;)
Nah m8 , a inlet valve guide decided it was bored with being in its nomal location and it decided to have a look in the combustion chambers. It didnt go down well with pistons and head :cry: :cry:

Billy

·
Registered
20,607 Posts
Sorry to hear that buddy :( Never a good time for it to do sommat like that :rolleyes:

Did you decide what your gonna do with the turbo?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts