Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting a rubbing whining from the back on a left tern Ive been told it is rear wheel bearing' ?
is there a wheel bearing kit for the rear on a 4 or have i got to buy the hub and wear is the best place to buy them from. thanks

·
Registered
458 Posts
Are you sure its not the AYC whining, i'd be tempted to change the oil in the AYC + Diff before buying a new wheelbearing hub assembly to see if the noise goes away

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you sure its not the AYC whining, i'd be tempted to change the oil in the AYC + Diff before buying a new wheelbearing hub assembly to see if the noise goes away
it only does it on a sharp left hand tern:wallbang:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Could well be the AYC as suggested. Easy way to tell is jack the back wheels off the ground and try and wiggle them side to side or top to bottom - any play and its the bearing (especially if its just one side), none and it could be the ayc so try changing the fluid as its a hell of a lot cheaper than £140 per bearing!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could well be the AYC as suggested. Easy way to tell is jack the back wheels off the ground and try and wiggle them side to side or top to bottom - any play and its the bearing (especially if its just one side), none and it could be the ayc so try changing the fluid as its a hell of a lot cheaper than £140 per bearing!!
will do :smthumbup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts