Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to fit a rear strut brace to my TME. Was going to go for a straightforward single bar jobby, but then saw the Cusco traingular one on the RC site that goes between the struts and bolts to the floor. Does this provide any noticeable improvement over a normal one?

thanks,

Kevin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've seen the Cusco brace up close, and it sure looks like it would stiffent the frame up considerably. But what worries me about it is what happens if you get rear-ended? Won't the forces from the impact travel right up the brace and completely [email protected] the rear suspension mountings?

Just a thought...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the Mines rear braces fitted to my E4, its the one that bolts across the struts and then bolts down to the floor about 3/4 of the way back towards the tailgate.

It is not bolted to near the tailgate. I think it would take a very severe rear end shunt before any suspension damage was caused. Still gives me a cause for concern though.

Si

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers,

Think I'm going to go for the two point as i don't want to lose any boot space.

Kevin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.